At Ingersoll Rand we’re passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We know that hour by hour and day by day, we advance the quality of life by making environments safe, comfortable and efficient. Our people and our market leading brands, including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Schlage® , Thermo King® , and Trane® , contribute to a world defined by sustainable progress and enduring results.
Develop and implement training processes and materials integrating Lean Manufacturing principles to drive process excellence in the manufacture of new and existing products. Facilitate on-the-job training on the factory floor focused on technical knowledge, skills development, basic problem solving and overall execution of process standard work. Ensure quality and cost effectiveness of training outcomes to drive a continuous improvement culture.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Utilize “A3 Thinking” in taking a project-based approach to establishing requirements, identifying gaps, developing solutions and executing defined actions to meet the target future state for production training processes.
• Facilitate training execution and personally deliver training as appropriate. Train, coach and provide direction to others involved in training efforts (i.e. train-the-trainer) to ensure standard work procedures are consistently followed by production personnel.
• Establish processes for evaluation of completed training to analyze effectiveness and define opportunities for improved training and business performance.
• Develop relationships with subject matter experts and learn existing business processes to analyze, evaluate and incorporate appropriate content into training programs.
• Successfully manage training communications and maintain records of training events and participants to ensure compliance with internal and external documentation requirements.
• Lead and/or participate in Rapid Improvement Events and other Lean Six Sigma activities to drive improvements to safety, quality, cycle time, inventory, floor-space utilization and production capacity.
• Other manufacturing engineering related activities as assigned, especially as training processes increase in maturity level.
• B.S. Engineering required. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of an engineering degree.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Lean manufacturing environment required.
• Experience developing, delivering, evaluating and improving training programs with specific experience in TWI (Training Within Industry) preferred.
• Experience with a variety of training methods including classroom, hands-on, web-based virtual, interactive and other technology-driven formats desired.
• Lean Six Sigma Black Belt preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications; Database skills are a plus.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills required to successfully interact with both hourly and salary personnel.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong leadership, project management, team building and presentation skills.
• Strong work ethic, great attitude, customer-focused, team-oriented and results driven.
Our Climate Solutions sector delivers energy-efficient Climate Solutions delivers energy-efficient solutions globally and includes Trane, which provides HVAC systems and building services, parts, support and controls for commercial buildings, and Thermo King, the leader in transport temperature control solutions.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Ingersoll Rand is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ingersoll Rand - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -