---Core Job Responsibilities---
- Back-End Web Development
- Work with clients and team to gather business, user and marketing requirements.
- Build IT project plans based on requirements and all relevant technical considerations.
- Design and implement custom back-end/server-side solutions (scripts + database support) for both internal and client-related projects.
- Create both internal data mart/warehouse applications and middleware applications/utilities that bridge third-party APIs.
- Research IT and programming issues to solve problems and stay up-to-date with the latest techniques and methods.
- Provides input into development and modification of policies and procedures, and recommends strategies for implementing new and existing policies.
*Aside: We use NetSuite as our central ERP/CRM/PSA platform, and any new hire for this position shall be enrolled in NetSuites Developer Training courses.
- ERP/CRM/PSA Systems Analysis/Architecture
- Work with functional business units to understand their business processes, KPIs, organization structure and recommend NetSuite customizations/workflow solutions that are scalable.
- Work with our NetSuite ERP/CRM/PSA solution to configure changes to fields, workflow rules, roles/permissions, page layouts, custom objects, reports, and dashboards.
- Traffic manage and ensure resolution for all internal NetSuite related cases.
- Documenting, maintaining and updating system level and training documentation.
- Assisting with data cleansing and data maintenance efforts.
- IT Infrastructure
- Organizes and monitors office infrastructure and procedures such as desktop support, new team member onboarding, information management, desktop support, server maintenance, email support (outsourced Exchange), telephony support (RingCentral), and network/systems security.
- Works with all departments to analyze and determine IT needs.Formulates procedures for systematic retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of information.
- Researches, tracks and manages all IT hardware and software assets.
- Plans network layout, develops IT budget, and initiates cost reduction programs.
- Reviews network/system activity/security records to ensure fidelity and adherence to policies.
- Resolves issues and requests presented by staff.
- Maintains contact with outside vendors.
- Performs other related duties as requested or assigned.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
- Analytical/Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems time efficiently; Gathers and analyzes information; Develops solutions; Uses reason.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues developmental opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Motivation -Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Initiative -Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation -Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively; Listens and gets clarification when necessary; Responds informatively to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and concisely; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to handle frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Conserves company resources.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a polite and tactful manner; Maintains composure and reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- 4+ years server-side scripting experience.
- Advanced/Expert proficiency in either LAMP (MySQL, PHP) and/or .NET environments.
- Object-oriented design/architecture experience.
- SOAP/XML web services programming experience.
- Basic knowledge of general business processes, and systems modeling.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Must be absolutely trustworthy with customer and business data.
- Great can-do attitude. Self-motivated, team player.
---Ideal/Icing Qualifications (Non-Required)---
- Ideal/Icing Experience/Fields-of-Expertise:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, or related field.
- Progressive growth in development/systems analysis roles (e.g. junior developer/developer/senior developer).
- Extensive knowledge and experience (3+ years) with business & systems analysis, workflow/process modeling; good technical writing skills, and experience writing process descriptions.
- Ideal/Icing Computer Experience:
**IMPORTANT: These Ideal/Icing qualifications are simply a plus, but NOT AT ALL REQUIRED TO BE SERIOUSLY CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION. In fact, it is more important to us that the candidate be stronger instead on all the Required Qualifications and Competencies. Were more than happy to train the right person so they can progress and increase their role with the Company, as we grow.
- 6+ years server-side development experience.
- Experience with NetSuite (any, esp. in role as Administrator or SuiteScript Developer)
- Experience with ModX or Umbraco Content Management Systems, or Magento ecommerce.
This is a full-time, on-site position. (See Hiring Process/Application Instructions below). Compensation shall be competitive, and wholly commensurate with experience, ability and attitude (i.e. (i) how well the candidate meets the required qualifications & competencies; (ii) if she/he meets any of the ideal/icing qualifications; and (iii) his/her overall attitude and aptitude).
Location: Central Houston, TX (Greenway Plaza)
---Hiring Process/Application Instructions---
**We will require multiple solid references; candidate must pass pre-hiring tests. This will take 4-8 weeks to play out.
- Please apply through this listing by following the instructions provided. You will be asked for (1) an up-to-date resume/CV and (2) your recent salary history.
- In addition please include the following attachment(s):
- A brief letter (1-3 paragraphs) that tells us what you can do and why you are the right person for this position. You are welcome to use whatever tools or mechanisms you feel would get the point across.
Forthea - 16 months ago