Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is a privately-held company that successfully operates Job Corps, corrections, medical, and international and domestic workforce development contracts. MTC has been serving disadvantaged populations for 30 years and employs nearly 10,000 workers. MTC is a rapidly-growing, innovative and competitive company and is now the third largest operator of private adult correctional facilities.
Otero County Prison Facility , operated and managed by MTC, is committed to serve and protect the people of New Mexico and Texas. The facility provides a structured program intended to encourage and establish a foundation for detainee reintegration into society. The Otero County Prison Facility encourages employee success by offering opportunities for continuing education and promotions from within. The facility is highly involved in the community thus allowing employees to participate in community events such as Special Olympics, Toys for Tots, Career Day, and Scared Straight programs. Otero County Prison Facility creates a positive and exciting environment for all employees.
MTC offers a competitive wage and comprehensive employee benefits package. For more information please visit www.mtctrains.com .
This position is responsible for the custody and discipline of detainees assigned to the unit in compliance with MTC, Otero County and the United States Marshals Service (USMS) directives. If assigned to the transportation department responsible for the transporting of detainees to and from the facility in accordance with established procedures. Among other duties, this position will:
- Search for contraband and provide security. Perform specific security functions including physical searches.
- Count, feed and supervise detainees in housing, work and other areas.
- Provide custody and security of detainees including observation of detainees, which includes long periods of sitting and standing.
- Transfer and transport detainees by walking or riding in vehicles. Restrain and secure assaultive detainees, as needed.
- Properly prepare and maintain records, forms and reports, as appropriate.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
- Maintain accountability of staff, detainees and property; adhere to safety practices.
High school diploma or equivalent. Must be at least 18 years of age. Valid driver's license in the state of New Mexico or the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management. If assigned as a transportation officer, must possess a valid CDL license as required by the state of New Mexico with an acceptable driving record.
Post Hire - Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements.
MTC is an equal opportunity employer.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic,...