The mission of the United States Air Force is to
in air, space and cyberspace.
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values --
integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
WHO MAY APPLY:
for more information.
You MUST have one or more identified eligibilities in order to be considered.
**Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list**
Air Force Employee (Current Permanent Competitive Service Career/Career-Conditional Employee and Current Permanent AF DCIPS Employees with Reinstatement Rights to the Competitive Service); and
Military Spouse of an Active Duty Military Member Registered in the DoD Priority Placement Program
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Travel and relocation expenses will not be paid
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
Back to top
- The primary purpose of this position is: To serve as an Information Technology (IT) specialist responsible for squadron level assistance in the operation and maintenance of the installation's computer network and to provide technical assistance, training, and support to customers.
- Assists in administering the squadron local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN) for the unit and outlying Detachments and Operating locations. Monitors ongoing operation of network systems to ensure hardware and software are functioning and operational standards are met. Assists in planning, testing, and configuring and managing change of AFNet systems.
- Assists in planning, testing, and configuring Squadron network systems. Participates in planning, monitoring, testing, maintaining, and operating multiple operating systems-based network platforms.
- Analyzes and resolves problems and trends. Records problem reports as they occur to effectively track outages and types of interruptions to service and to build a knowledge Squadron for future problem resolution. Provides customer support, assistance, training, and orientation.
- Provides technical assistance to current and potential users so that LAN/WAN and other IT systems operations have few major disruptions.
Back to top
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
: I have specialized experience that has equipped me with the particular competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position and is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. Such experience is typically gained in IT field or through the performance of work where the primary concern is IT; knowledge of AFNet principles and practices sufficient to control changes in troubleshooting and maintaining the stability of communication lines and equipment.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
(TIG) Requirement for General Schedule (GS) Positions:
Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-07 or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral.
The purpose of TIG restrictions is to prevent excessively rapid promotions in competitive service GS positions and to protect competitive principles.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of basic LANIW AN and system principles and practices sufficient to install, configure, and troubleshoot components.
2. Knowledge of customer support principals, methods, and procedures for documenting problem resolutions and providing guidance and training to customers.
3. Knowledge of concepts and techniques required to assist in the planning, operation, and maintenance of a LANIW AN, including the installation and implementation of enhancements
4. Knowledge of the procedures and teclmiques necessary to gather, synthesize, and draw conclusions regarding trend analysis.
5. Ability to analyze routine network problems and recommend solutions.
6. Ability to communicate factual and procedural information clearly, both orally and in writing.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work.
You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY?
provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
1. The employee must obtain and maintain an appropriate security clearance.
2. Work may occasionally require travel away from the normal duty station.
3. The employee may be required to travel on military and commercial aircraft.
4. Overtime may be required.
5. This position may be required to work other than normal duty hours and may be required to perform other duties assigned.
6. This is a "Key" position. The incurnbent(s) must be removed from their military recall status if alternatives for filling the position during an emergency are not available.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and
responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility,
qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all
instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or
consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the
documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your
responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or
does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of
"not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will
not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated
Back to top
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program
. In addition
to your take-home pay, click
overview benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
: All federal
employees are required to have direct deposit
Delete if not appropriate for position being announced:
: Recruitment and/or retention incentives may or
may not be used.
Current Federal Civilian employees
apply for temporary and term positions and if selected, a break in service of
more than three (3) calendar days may be required prior to appointment to
This announcement may
result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days
after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as
HOW TO APPLY:
Back to top
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which must include:
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications)
- If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent". It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
f your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
2. A complete Occupational Questionnaire
or qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number and last four digits of your social security number.
The complete Application Package
be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Tuesday, November 05, 2013
To begin the process, click the
button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the
Submit My Answers
button at the end of the process.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, click
for the required cover page.
This Vacancy ID is 985731. Fax your documents to
. All support documents should be uploaded to your USAJOBS account and included with your application package. Faxing documents should used as a last resort; do not fax duplicate documents.
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the questionnaire
View Occupational Questionnaire
2. OPM Form 1203-FX must be provided to show your responses to the occupational questionnaire.
The numbering on the OPM Form 1203-FX will not match the Occupational Questionnaire in
Section 25 of the OPM Form 1203-FX, which continuously numbers from number one, while the Questionnaire starts each section of questions with number one. When entering your responses please continue regardless of number sequence.
This issue has been identified and will be resolved as soon as possible.
Applicants are responsible for ensuring their responses are transferred accurately.
for the OPM Form 1203-FX
3. Fax all required documents to
. Your OPM Form 1203-FX will be the cover page for your fax transmission.
It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume) is received, accurate and submitted by the closing date.
You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully by clicking
Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Faxed documents take 2-3 business days to process.
modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
The following documents are required and must be provided by
the closing date of the announcement.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate
material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy. Your
resume may be submitted in any format. For qualifications determinations your
resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e.,
hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). Resumes
that do not contain this information will be marked as insufficient and
applicants may not receive consideration for this position.
If selected, you will be required to submit the following
documents to substantiate your eligibility and/or qualifications. A list
of required documents for all eligibilities may be located
SF50, DD214, Proof
of Disability, Certification of Job Readiness, etc.
based on education or positive education series
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
Air Force Personnel Center
655 Vickers Ave
Department of the Air Force - 8 months ago
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force...