Under general supervision, monitors students in a residential/home life environment; observes, documents, and reports children behavior/progress on an ongoing basis; trains and assists students in basic daily living skills; and maintains a clean, healthy, and safe environment.
Any combination of training and experience which would have allowed the applicant to acquire the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities.
Preference will be given to applicants who, in addition to meeting the minimum qualifications, possess one or more of the following:
· Experience as a houseparent or residential aide
· Experience as a day care provider
· Experience working with visually impaired or multi-disabled children
· Class I Georgia Motor Vehicle Operator License
· Class III Georgia Motor Vehicle Operator License
Pay grade 7 - $13,789.95 annually. This is a 10-month position paid on a 12-month basis. Salary will be based on the number of days worked. Benefit options include life, disability, dental and health insurance; annual/sick leave; and Teachers' Retirement or Employees' Retirement.
Georgia Department of Education - 10 months ago