It's an exciting time to work at Cisco.Every day we connect people to the network and make it come to life. Whether it's using e-learning to educate students far from city centers or downloading the entire Library of Congress in seconds, our networking technology has not only revolutionized the way people do things, but who they are. People are more informed, more efficient, and more involved. With all forms of communications converging onto the network, Cisco is entering an exciting new era. The concept of the network as the platform for transforming life's experiences is no longer a possibility: It is quickly becoming a reality. And Cisco is leading the experience.
Cisco seeks a Program Manager to help lead teams on key projects. The ideal candidate will have experience working with related technologies and projects, and possess advanced analytical, communication and project management skills.
In this role, business-level understanding, judgment, and the ability to delegate tasks and guide team direction and performance are essential. This is a great opportunity for someone interested in achieving career advancement by building technical expertise or expanding management opportunities.
• A wide variety of complex writing and special projects
• Member of the Root Cause Failure Analysis project team involving hardware, software and process engineers involved in development of process and procedures to support Cisco's Failure Analysis program
• Lead multiple project teams or special tasks forces, providing complex technical directions while maintaining responsibility for cost management and meeting scheduled milestones
• Work with management to initiate and lead development of group's technical direction
• Provide input on resource planning and strategy setting
• Work with editors and technical resources to improve document quality and usability
• Take a major role in solving technical problems, including research and investigation of relevant technical subject area within broad guidelines
• Conceptualizes plans, develops and writes entire manuals and sets of manuals.
• Innovates and implements standards and process improvements
• Verifies and refines procedures. Special projects are part of regular job responsibilities
• Work independently on special research assignments.
• Typically requires BA/BS or equivalent experience, and minimum of 10 years of related experience.
• Preferred: MA/MS or equivalent experience.
• Degree in Technical Writing, English, Journalism, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...