Performs diagnostic x-ray examinations under the medical supervision of providers in a clinical setting, produces images for interpretation by or at the request of a licensed practitioner. Maintains records required by the state in accordance with Concentra policies, practices, and procedures and applicable regulations.
Ensure the delivery of exceptional customer service by putting all customers (internal and external) first and displaying:
- A healing focus
- A selfless heart
- A tireless resolve
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares patients for X-Ray exams, positions patients based upon the type of procedure to be performed.
- Administers routine X-Ray exams, assists in physical exams, assists physician in treatment of injured patients by giving injections, changing dressings, or removing sutures under the physician’s or nurses directions.
- Insures patient safety and provide adequate radiation protection as outlined in the X-ray Compliance Manual.
- Possess basic knowledge of anatomy and physiology required to apply principles of radiology and methods to obtain clearly defined and diagnostic films.
- Maintains quality assurance by performing appropriate validity tests and keeping quality assurance records, as required by Concentra X-Ray Compliance Manual.
- Maintains radiological film files and storage, pulls X-Rays as requested for referrals and/or copying.
- Order supplies for the x-ray department.
- Keep logs for X-Rays sent out for referrals.
- Perform Medical Assistant duties as required.
- Performs duties to achieve or exceed established service standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Concentra's Data Protection Commitment
* Concentra is committed to protect patient data and to ensure privacy of personal and medical information.
* Every Concentra colleague has the responsibility to adhere to data protection principles.
* If a colleague's role includes handling or processing sensitive data, role-specific policies and requirements apply to ensure the protection of patient information.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Graduate of Radiologic Technology program accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT).
- Possess a valid and current license by the state in which employed, if state offers a licensing certification program.
- Valid and current registration with The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT), or have valid and current registration with an equivalent Radiologic Technology credentialing agency.
- CPR/First Aid Certification - PREFERRED.
- Six months experience in X-Ray, and familiarity with routine medical procedures.
- Demonstrated excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge with all state specific and OSHA requirements regarding radiological procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of occupational medicine requirements (state specific).
- Demonstrated willingness to attend and complete certification course for performing UDS, BAT, PFT, and FIT.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Concentra Inc. - 9 months ago
Concentra Managed Care, Inc. is the leading provider of healthcare management and cost containment services to the workers' compensation,...