Jive's mission is to make work better. In our personal lives, we're blessed with amazing social tools that let us broadcast our experiences, find answers to our questions, consume the intriguing world around us, and help others. But that all ends when we get to work, where collaboration tools fall short to say the least. Jive Software is leading the social business software space, bringing useful and delightful software into the enterprise.
What you would be working on:
As a Senior/Staff Software Engineer with Jive Software, you will be working with a highly skilled team to design, develop and support cutting edge intelligence applications and process high throughput/volume streams of social media data. You will be expected to solve hard problems with elegance, simplicity, and verifiability. Also expected is that you will be able to coherently and cogently communicate with peers and third parties.
Design and develop feature functionality for Cloud Analytics team with high design standards.
Work and co-ordinate with Product Management, Development and Quality Engineering team.
Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, design specification and architecture diagrams.
Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Supports and develops software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
Responds promptly and professionally to support requests and customer needs.
engineering and other internal departments
- 10-12 years software development experience in Java and related technology
- Prior experience leading small teams and mentoring people
- Experience working with cross functional teams such as product management, product marketing, quality engineering, software
- Deep knowledge and experience with Big Data, Hadoop, HBase, Hive or similar large data systems
- Knowledge of systems like Lucene, Solr is plus
- High proficiency with Java and related tools
- High proficiency with relational databases (architecture, optimization, operation)
- High proficiency with Linux environments
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent command (knowledge and ability to implement) of modern design patterns
- Knowledge of Agile and working with Agile process is required.
- Experience with operations and building highly scalable systems
- Experience with REST style web service development is plus
- Experience with NoSQL like Cassandra, ElasticSearch is a plus
- Open source software contributor (committer, patch submissions, maintainer)
- Strong background in testing, continuous deployment and other agile/iterative approaches to development
- Excellent analytic/problem solving skills