Company Overview: INTECSEA is a global company within
the WorleyParsons Group and offers all the Group’s
capabilities for floating systems, offshore pipelines
and subsea production systems. Combined with
WorleyParsons Group, we offer clients complete project
expertise from subsea wellhead through onshore
processing and distribution. For over 25 years, INTECSEA
has provided frontier technology leadership for the
energy industry’s most challenging offshore field
development and pipeline projects.
Position Summary: Successful candidate performs and
leads a variety of marine geotechnical engineering
tasks. Tasks may consist of reviewing, scoping and
specifying marine geotechnical investigation programs,
performing detailed design of marine foundations
(mudmat, pile or caisson), writing technical reports and
calculations, participating in offshore field
investigations, presenting results of investigations or
engineering design to project groups.
- Capable of directing team of engineers and
- Has several specialty areas of expertise that
allows leadership in technical brainstorming
- Works with Client to plan overall approach to work.
- Capable of serving as Project Manager and is
entrusted to occasionally act on behalf of Client.
- Support engineering analysis for pipelines and
- Review interpretation of geotechnical data.
- Analysis and design of foundations for subsea
structures (mudmat, suction caisson, pile).
- Analysis of pipe-soil interaction.
- Slope stability analysis.
- Preparation of Scope of Work and Specification for
- Client representative during the field
investigation phase of a project.
- Preparation of soil laboratory test assignments.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Working knowledge of APile, LPile, gINT, Plaxis 2D
and Plaxis 3D Foundation or other FEM package,
AutoCAD, Global Mapper.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word,
- Prepare strategies and specifications and update
existing specifications to suit project
Education & Experience:
- Strong organizational skills, self-starter, and
good communicator in a team environment.
- In-depth understanding of engineering fundamentals
- Prior industry background in geotechnical
engineering, pipelines, oil and gas exploration,
and/or surveying will be an asset.
- Familiar with basic and advanced laboratory testing
of marine soils.
- Familiar with industry codes, standards,
regulations, and recommended practices related to
subsea and offshore pipelines.
- M.Sc. or B.Sc. in geotechnical engineering.
- Minimum 5+ years working experience in marine
geotechnical engineering (site investigations,
design of foundations for platforms and subsea
- Experience in onshore geotechnical engineering
(site investigation, design of deep and shallow
foundations, retaining walls and micro tunneling)
- Learns & ensures compliance with the INTECSEA EMS,
including preparing of project specific procedures
and in accordance with HSE Guideline for INTECSEA
WorleyParsons Group - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
WorleyParsons Corporation puts its energy into energy and chemical plants. The US subsidiary of WorleyParsons Limited, the company is a top...