is a $1.2 billion holding company with 5,600 employees worldwide headquartered just outside Washington, DC, in Herndon, VA. Akima, LLC is a wholly owned unit of the NANA Development Corporation, an Alaska Native Corporation and is focused on providing service excellence to the U.S. Federal government through its 27 independent operating companies. These companies have a portfolio of services including Information Technology, Facilities Management & Maintenance, Engineering and Technical Support, Aviation Support, Subject Matter Expertise, and Business Processing. To learn more about Akima, LLC visit our website at
The Senior Enterprise Reporting Analyst (SRA) is the lead and mentor of Akima’s Enterprise Applications Reporting area and Akima’s business subsidiary customers. The Senior Enterprise Reporting Analyst (SRA) performs in both a developmental and operational role. In the developmental role, the developer serves as a consultant to the Akima, LLC customer; helping to identify reporting needs, lead and participate in designing the approach to producing the reports, and in developing the reports. Reporting design will be within the Deltek data model. In the operational role, the SRA will monitor the flow of Enterprise Reporting support ticket activity submitted to the Help Desk System and provide statistics on performance in this area. They are responsible for ensuring that Akima Enterprise Reporting operates in compliance with all parent governance requirements.
- Lead the Reporting Council meetings that drive the goals and objectives of the Enterprise Reporting
- Develop and manage the Analysis Studio Module
- Develop and manage the Metrics Studio Module
- Develop and manage a “Change Control” process for Enterprise reporting in compliance with parent governance guidelines
- Provide monthly Report Statistics on the activity flowing through enterprise Reporting
- Develop and manage a plan using Microsoft Project to detail and track the Enterprise Reporting Goals and Objectives and deliverables
- Execute business requirements in a Deltek Cognos8 model environment, insuring data security, user friendly with “drill-thru” features.
- Oversee the Publishing of all reporting objects to Production, including deployment through Development.
- Oversee User management – the processing of all requests for user role and application access security.
- Manage the Development of training programs for end users or technical support staff to use programs.
- Verify correctness and completeness of Deltek Cognos8 Data Model and associated data relationships, mappings, and definitions.
- Develop data models in the reporting environment per customer requirements
- Provides technical assistance for users by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions with the Cognos Modules.
- Work with report developer(s) to troubleshoot and resolve issues regarding reports
- Communicate and work with Deltek Support to troubleshoot issues identified with the Deltek data model and resolve them.
- Assist in the development and management of the security strategy within the Deltek model necessary to support day-to-day operations.
- Other related duties may also be assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (BA) from a four-year college, vocational, or technical training school, or comparable years work experience.
- 3 plus years substantial experience and expertise in using Cognos applications in the areas of Metadata and User management & administration, creating simple and complex reports.
- 2 plus years experience with Analysis Studio
- Experience with Metrics Studio and Event Studio a plus
- 5 plus years experience developing reports that run against Costpoint, Time and Expense using the Deltek Model, enhancing existing packages within it, creating new packages and managing the versioning control aspect of the model is essential.
- Experience in creating reports, portal customization and unit testing.
- Certification with Cognos tool set is a plus.
- Experience working with large scale, complex system (data structure and usage, reporting requirements, interfaces with other systems) in a corporate setting.
- 3-5 years experience in the design development, integration and management of multiple security modeling methodologies, including but not limited to Row Level Security, Org Security, and folder security a plus.
- Excellent problem identification, analysis and solving skills.
- TM1 experience set is a plus
An Equal Opportunity Employer
- Must demonstrate attention to detail. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions. Responds promptly to business needs; solicit feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Use their knowledge and experience in building reports for government contractors to develop intuitive reports, that meet the requirements developed by Akima, and that follow the standards set by the industry.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; presents numerical data effectively.
- Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); fosters a quality focus in others;
- Improves processes, products and services; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values; approaches others in a tactful manner.
- Must understand the Government Industry vernacular, and communicate it effectively.
- Must be comfortable with Deltek’s Costpoint and Time and Expense applications and tables the support Cognos8 model that uses the applications.
Akima, LLC and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Do you need assistance?
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website or to apply for a position please yourRecruiter, Cynthia Osterberg, Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org, (703) 766-6881. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
For us to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance.
Finance & Accounting
NANA Development Corporation - 12 months ago