This position is responsible for working in coordination with sales, marketing, manufacturing and quality/regulatory to develop new products, improve processes and technologies. Effective project management skills will be required along with a strong knowledge of stage gate processes. The end result will be to increase sales, profitability and product quality.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Understands and adapts to market needs for design and development of new products.
Identifies and evaluates new materials, components & technologies.
Leads and participates in multidisciplinary product launch teams.
Adheres to Design control and Stage Gate processes
Documents activities, experiments, trials, samples and ideas in a research laboratory notebook.
Dvelop new manufacturing processes when needed.
Develop new test methods and apparatus for new products as needed.
Updates project progress to key stakeholders.
Documents and keeps records for all project proposals, activities, experiments, trials, samples, ideas etc. for future reference.
Understands Patent positions of new and/or existing technology.
Prioritizes activities with manager and business team and direct efforts accordingly.
Accurately scopes time and budgets of projects. Completes projects on time and within budget.
Organizes, executes and reports in depth technical evaluations of competitive and Charter Medical products.
Actively works to transfer design to manufacturing at the appropriate time.
Responsible for producing product samples.
Must be knowledgeable in the effective use of Lean Six Sigma (LSS) tools and concepts to assist in process improvements, both within Lydall, and externally at our customers/suppliers. Serve as an active participant in LSS programs that promote continuous improvement.
All other duties as assigned
Must adhere to all company policies and safety rules.
Must be able to work extended hours when required.
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities Required for Consideration as a Candidate:
- B. S. Degree in Science, Engineering or Technology.
- Able to demonstrate successful launches
- Experience with stage gate processes
- Strong financial acumen
- Prior experience with raw material qualifications
- Effective presentation skills
- Project management training
- A minimum of three years in product development
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Good time management skills.
- Proficient computer skills using MS Office, MS Project and CAD.
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Experience in the biosciences desirable.
- Experience with computer technology, software and hardware is desirable.
- Prior patent experience is desirable
Total Work Systems-lean Six-Sigma
Quantity & Output of Work
Timeliness of Delivery of Output
Quality of Work
Use of Resources
Customer Impact/Value Added
Freedom from Unplanned Support
Productive Work habits
Adding Skills & Capabilities
Alignment & Compliance
Lydall, Inc. - 14 months ago