Duties and Responsibilities:
The Director of Development is responsible for creating and executing a comprehensive development plan for the Foundation of the Society of Former Special Agents of the FBI. The plan shall encompass all aspects of fundraising, including major gift solicitation and donor cultivation, grant writing, sponsorships, capital and annual campaigns, direct marketing, planned giving, special events, and related activities.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive development plan and strategies to include major gifts, corporate sponsorships, direct marketing, grant writing, member and planned giving, special events, and corporate sponsorship.
- Identify and cultivate sources of contributions from individuals, corporations, foundations, and other organizations for major gifts. Establish relationships with grant-making foundations. Write grant proposals.
- Develop and oversee a planned giving program. Cultivate, solicit and expand the pool of donors.
- Develop and oversee a charitable scholarship program.
- Provide Development Reports to the Managing and Executive Directors, as well as the Foundation Chairperson and Trustees.
- Prepare annual report of Foundation.
- Develop and oversee solicitations of membership.
- Develop and implement marketing plan.
- Oversee Foundation matters at the annual conference and at Board of Trustee meetings.
- Provide direction to the Foundation Administrator.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
American Society of Association Executives - 14 months ago