College degree in related field such as management preferred, but will consider proven leadership and management capabilities through work experience.
• At least 15 years of dynamic experience in brokerage industry primarily in the area of brokerage operations and technology driven business processing.
• Extensive and broad knowledge of compliance and regulatory matters across all lines of business.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and demonstrated ability to lead.
• Must hold the Series 7 and 24 licenses.
• A proven leader with the ability to be strategic and visionary while also understanding all the details and demonstrating an ability to roll up his/her sleeves to get the job done.
• Demonstrated experience in high growth environment, with the ability to translate strategy into execution and prepare the organization to move to the next level.
• Able to listen well, work closely with and influence the actions of a diverse constituent base, including financial advisors, partners including clearing firms and technology providers.
Associate work schedule:
External Job Description:
At Ameritas, it’s about building long-term trusted relationships and keeping our promises. We are proud to provide strength, protection and reliability while serving individuals, families and businesses generation after generation. This is what sets Ameritas and its associates apart.
Ameritas Life Insurance Corp. offers a wide range of insurance and financial services to individuals, families and businesses. These products and services include life insurance; annuities; individual disability income insurance; group dental, eye care and hearing care insurance; retirement plans; investments; banking and public finance.
This position works closely with the senior management team as the principal driver of all back office systems. This position enhances current operations and profitability, and plans and develops future business opportunities. The incumbent helps create the organizations strategic vision for operations and technology, while making tactical day-to-day decisions to shape and implement the organization’s growth.
Registered Representatives: 1,500
Multi-clearing Environment: Pershing LLC, National Financial LLC, (NFS) and RBC Correspondent Services (RBC)
Operational Staff in three locations: Lincoln, Cincinnati, and Bethesda
Title of supervisor to this position: President and CEO, AIC
Titles of those reporting directly to this position: Matrix reporting relationships with department heads of all key areas. Direct reports will be determined as new operational model is developed.
• Oversight of the technology infrastructure, including systems, strategy and execution;
• Implementation of the strategic direction of all operational aspects of the broker/dealer;
• Provide direction and structure for operating units and all technology applications;
• Ensure that the operational direction and priorities are consistent with the Enterprise;
• Maintain the organization’s drive for results by fostering discipline in planning and execution;
• Ensure that initiatives and priorities are at their highest level of operational performance and service standards;
• Pursue the best possible solutions to any and all operational and technological issues;
• Create and maintain a high level of coordination, cooperation, and success of relationships with other departments, service units, and external groups;
• Seek continued best practices to ensure the best competitive position;
• Pursue and implement technology solutions for the organization and its customers, including managing a straight through processing environment;
• Facilitate operational readiness to support the initiatives and activities of executive strategy;
• Ensure the development and execution of detailed work plans to support the organizations growth and development ensuring high quality services, staff management and operational management;
• Respond promptly to operational and organizational priorities and requirements;
• Oversee management of departmental staff;
• Direct administrative functions of 3 locations and all business continuation protocols.
This position works in an office environment under frequently stressful circumstances. Periodic travel is required.
We help resolve the many complex personal, financial and business issues facing privately held or closely controlled public middle market...