Linux System Administrator
TalentWise Solutions LLC, is looking for a highly motivated Linux System Administrator to join our Operations team. The Operations team is responsible for all stages of design, implementation, and maintenance and operational support of a high volume 24/7/365 e-commerce LAMPS infrastructure.
- Contribute to design, construction, documentation, and maintenance of e-commerce production infrastructure.
- Function as technical liaison with managed hosting vendor’s technical team and Talentwise engineering, QA and release teams.
- Roll out new servers and services using documented procedures. Write up new ones as necessary.
- Work with application developers to identify and fix application bottlenecks and failures in a high volume e-commerce environment.
- Provide 24/7 support for production environment, participating in on-call team rotation.
- Contribute to design and maintenance of security infrastructure.
- Support internal customers with Linux systems and storage related issues.
- Support and assist MySQL DBA team.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline preferred
- 5-15 years’ experience as a Systems Administrator
- Experience with Perl and Bash scripting required. Experience in PHP preferred
- Experience with 24/7 Linux based web operations environment
- Solid experience with deploying, configuring, and monitoring and troubleshooting Apache, PHP and MySQL
- Experience with deployment and management of configuration management systems like cfengine, as well as adherence to standards and policies
- A good understanding of RedHat linux, /proc, and kernel configuration
- Experience with TCP/IP networks including configuration of networking devices and firewalls
- Experience with writing custom monitoring modules for monitoring packages like Icinga
- Experience with internal and public domain name services.
- Experience with automating server deployment (fai or kickstart)
- Experience with cloud computing (AWS or Rack Space)
- Proficient at automating tasks.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills. This includes proficiency in documentation, and creating policies, procedures, and standards. The ability to provide good clear instruction to remote people performing tasks
401K with Employer Match
PPO Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plan
Paid Vacation, Sick Leave and Holidays
Identity Theft Protection