In order to be considered for employment at Merchants Bank, we need to receive a cover letter and resume from candidates.
Our online application system will allow you to upload one document. You may wish to combine your resume and cover letter into one document to upload. Thank you!
The starting hiring range for this position is generally $10.58 to $11.78, based on experience. The full range of the position is $10.58 to $15.38; the high end being reached when employees earn salary increases over time as a result of growth in the position.
This position is full time (40 hours) and provides coverage to Merchants Bank branches in Burlington and South Burlington VT (College St., N. Ave, Kennedy Drive, White St., and Shelburne Road) .
A. GENERAL SUMMARY: Responsible for teller operations, customer service, and sales. Supports regional branch network in pursuit of branch deposit and loan growth objectives by selling all MB products and services, and developing household and commercial relationships through cross-selling and outbound sales.
B. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND OBJECTIVES:
1. Demonstrates the efficient and sound practices of: teller transactions and cash handling; ATM and vault management; security procedures; risk management; regulatory compliance; technology execution; and account maintenance.
2. Demonstrates transactional accuracy and efficiency within Merchants Bank standards as outlined in the Teller Variation Policy to include personal responsibility for detection and resolution of errors in individual work.
3. Provides superior customer service to all customers and constituents via Merchants Bank Customer Service Standards. Aims toward business retention and cross selling of existing customers (share of wallet) by making recommendations for new or modified products/services to meet the customer’s individual banking needs. Supports retail sales environment within branch by demonstrating comprehensive product knowledge and account maintenance procedures.
4. Understands the primary features and benefits of all retail and commercial products and delivery channels with the ability to open all account types while processing paperwork with minimal errors.
5. Knowledgeable of the Bank’s relationship building and cross-selling programs, requirements, and goals including: scrub mailing lists for accuracy, complete outbound calls as assigned by CBM, recognize and act upon cross-sell opportunities during daily customer interactions and be fully engaged in the welcome program for new customers.
6. Identify opportunities for new relationships and support growth of branch portfolio. Target individuals, businesses and organizations for potential sales follow through. These can be pursued by Personal Banker, or referred to Community Banking Manager Corporate Sales team or the trust department. Understand the branch marketplace and current marketing initiatives to add or expand consumer and commercial relationships through sales and service out reach efforts.
7. Strive to be a true team player in all areas, take initiative to lend assistance or accept new projects, act as a coach/mentor when appropriate, and represent bank in community activities. Adapt well to changing work load, work environments, and schedule changes.
8. Engage in regular communications to constituents (customers, co-workers, management) in support of branch and company direction. Cooperate with all reporting requirements with clear, concise written, verbal, and electronic communications.
9. Cross-train in all duties and functions within the department. Participate in (satisfactorily complete) all required training and pursue additional training opportunities that will promote growth in position.
10. Perform any and all duties as assigned from time to time.
Merchants Bank VT - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard -