QuarterLine provides professional health care staffing services to military hospitals and health clinics across the United States. We are currently seeking a Clinical Social Worker - Integrated Primary Care at Andersen Air Force Base in Yigo, Guam.
The Clinical Social Worker may be required to function in a specialty mental health clinic or in a patient centered medical home (PCMH) location as a behavioral health consultant (BHC) and/or Behavioral Health Care Facilitator (BHCF).
Provider in the Specialty Mental Health Clinic. The type of work may include, but is not limited to, the following:
Behavioral Health Consultant in the Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH). The type of work may include, but not limited to, the following:
- Attend and participate in meetings during normal duty hours, professional staff conferences and other appropriate professional activities such as, but not limited to the following: quality improvement meetings, professional staff meetings, commander's staff meetings, mental health flight meetings, and other meetings required by applicable regulations, MTF guidance, or as directed by the mental health flight Commander or his/her designated representative.
- Clinical/Counseling services. Responsible for and applies psychological procedures and techniques, including interviewing, behavioral assessment, and evidenced-based therapies, in the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of psychological and neuropsychological disorders using the following skills: Individual, family and group psychotherapy, and couples therapy, alcohol and drug treatment evaluations.
- Consults with medical personnel, legal authorities, military commanders and school districts, as required.
- Maintains accurate and current notes in the Mental Health records, inpatient medical records and electronic medical records of all patients seen, as appropriate, and produces reports of evaluation and/or treatment, as required.
- Participates in military specific training (e.g., training to perform security clearances, use of the Air Force Guide to Managing Suicidal Behavior, pre-post deployment screening, PTSD, and combat stress) and others as directed by the mental health flight Commander or AF policy.
Behavioral Health Care Facilitator (BHCF) in a Patient Centered Medical
- Participates in and successfully completes Air Force BHC training. Demonstrates core competency skills to an expert trainer within 90 days of starting to see patients in primary care. The 90-day threshold for demonstration of core competency skills will be extended if the Air Force is unable to provide training opportunities within 90 days.
- Provides brief (typically no more than four appointments) cognitive/behavioral interventions in primary care under the Air Force consultation model (i.e., per the Air Force Behavioral Health Optimization Program Practice Manual). Services will mimic the pace of primary care (i.e., patients seen for 15- to 30-minute appointments).
- Successfully consults with PCMs on-demand about general issues or specific patients.
- Ensures PCMs receive same-day verbal and/or written feedback on patients referred.
- Delivers brief presentations/trainings to primary care team members regarding behavioral health issues and BHC services.
- Participates in team efforts to develop, implement, evaluate, and revise clinical pathway programs needed in the clinic.
- Duties may include supervision of providers who are in training or not fully licensed.
- Maintain accurate and current notes in the electronic medical records of all patients seen.
- Consults with medical personnel, legal authorities, and military commanders as required.
Home (PCMH). The type of work may include, but is not limited to, the following:
The social worker will work between the hours of 7:40 am and 4:30 pm.
- Participates in and successfully completes Air Force BHCF training.
- Contact referred patients to assess treatment adherence.
- Use validated symptom inventories to assess current symptom severity.
- Assess barriers to treatment adherence and help patient problem-solve solutions to barriers.
- Provide patients with education regarding their mental health condition and treatment regimen.
- Maintain patient information in a patient registry.
- Maintain accurate and current notes in the electronic medical records of all patients contacted for review by the managing physician.
- Routinely staffs difficult cases with the referring provider, behavioral health consultant and/or psychiatry consultant.
- Performs case management functions.
- Participates in military specific training (e.g., pre-post deployment screening, PTSD, and combat stress, etc).
- Attends and participates in meetings during normal duty hours and professional staff conferences and other appropriate professional activities such as, but not limited to the following: quality improvement meeting, professional staff meetings, commander's staff meetings, primary care staff meetings, appropriate meetings of the mental health flight, High Interest Log case staffing, and others required by applicable regulations, MTF guidance, or as directed by supervisor.
Education. Must hold a Master of Social Work (M.S.W.) degree from a school of social work fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
Licensure. Maintain a current, unrestricted clinical license to practice social work in any one of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Experience. Have a minimum of two (2) years within the past five (5) years in the independent practice of clinical social work in a mental health setting working with an adult population, or with children and teens if specifically working with that population. Must have experience in brief behavioral interventions.
Must possess knowledge in the following:
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of professional standards and ethics regarding the delivery of clinical social work services.
QuarterLine - 12 months ago
QuarterLine provides EHR training to support the mission of the Military Health System, and facilitate enhanced user adoption of clinical...