UTC Climate, Controls & Security is the leading provider of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security solutions. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX), a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY:
This position will be responsible for supervising 30-100 hourly employees in an assembly department in a fast paced, high volume manufacturing environment.
- Develop and lead a team to achieve safety, operations, quality and continuous improvement goals through training, coaching, discipline, and effective communications
--Champion the use of ACE tools to reduce downtime, improve quality, reduce scrap and achieve labor efficiency targets
- Implement product and engineering changes successfully
- Model and promote adherence to environmental, health and safety policies and initiatives
- Ensure safety is top priority when assigning work
- Monitor work order progress and drives quality and timeliness of completion
- Maintain timecards and overtime records
- Maintain working relationship with the union by following the terms of the collective bargaining agreement
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Responsible for small projects or multiple tasks within functional discipline
- Makes significant contribution to the team by applying knowledge of the discipline
- Works with moderate guidance on projects with short-term focus
- Has a solid understanding of the fundamentals of the discipline and role while continuing to develop specialized knowledge
The ideal candidate will possess a BS/BA degree with the following years of experience:
- AA/AS degree w/5-10+ years experience
- BA/BS degree w/2-5+ years experience
- Strong background of supervising in an assembly manufacturing setting
- Ability to make suggestions and informed decisions quickly
- Possess strong organizational, leadership and time management skills
- Highly motivated and possesses superior follow-up and follow-through skills
- Able to motivate and lead employees
- Experience supervising union-represented employees
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to learn and use software applications including Outlook, Excel, TMS and Word
- Must be willing to work first or second shift as well as required overtime
The incumbent in this role will be responsible for complying with UTC's Code of Ethics, Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) policy and applicable regulatory and Company rules and requirements.
Carrier Corporation - 2 years ago
Carrier shouldered the load of keeping things hot and cold. The company was the world's largest maker of heating,...