Oakwood Worldwide, the leading provider of temporary furnished and serviced apartments across the country, is currently hiring for an Apartment Make Ready Specialist to work out of our Novi, MI warehouse. In this role, the ideal candidate will be able to "make ready" an apartment through cleaning and resetting the housewares package in accordance with Oakwood standards and expectations. The candidate will drive a company vehicle to our properties in and around Detroit.
Our Home Services Division provides apartment set-up, housekeeping and related services to our furnished apartments. Additionally, this division oversees our warehouse operations and employs utility workers, housekeepers, warehouse leaders and drivers. This position drives company vehicles. A valid driver's license with a clean driving record is required if hired.
Turn clean between guest stays include the following:
- Clean bathrooms: tubs, showers, commodes, floors and mirrors
- Clean all major appliances (stove, refrigerator, dishwasher)
- Vacuum apartment including under beds, behind sofa/love seats and any other easily moveable furniture
- Clean and mop floors, remove trash
- Clean all carpets spots (if applicable)
Reset an apartment between guest stays:
In order to qualify for this job you MUST have a Valid Driver’s License, a clean driving record, proof of insurance and the ability to lift and move items that are about 75 lbs . We will train you to do this job in accordance with Oakwood standards and expectations.
- Set up apartment according to Oakwood set-up standards, perform pick up procedures
- Deliver/pick up house wares according to assigned schedule
- Inspect Electronics & Modem are in working order
- Must perform all functions of a handheld mobile device: Clock in/out for day, enter all appropriate job codes and start/stop functions
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
BASIC knowledge of the English language
2+ years of related experience preferably in the Hospitality Industry
Energetic and self motivated
High level of attention to detail
Ability to carry at least 75 pounds
Oakwood Worldwide offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Along with competitive salary, the company offers medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending accounts, paid vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, and a 401(k) plan.
Please apply online via our website - www.oakwood.com