GENERAL SUMMARY (2 to 3 sentence summary of major components of job)
Responsible for managing the business activities for the Asphalt, Ready-Mix and Aggregate operations of KRC – Waco or Bryan Texas and will include planning, budgeting, customer service, estimating, facility management, equipment management and leadership.
This position will require development and recommendations for increasing efficiency’s and growth opportunities for all product lines.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (minimum educational, experience, or other relevant job requirements)
1. Relevant Bachelor's Degree and 2 or more years of experience or equivalent relevant education/experience
2. Minimum 5 years management experience
3. Minimum 5 years’ experience in the construction materials business
DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES (summary of components that make up the job) An asterisk (*) indicates essential job functions that cannot be modified in order to fulfill the job requirements.
Partnering with safety professional(s), develop, train and support safe practices and policies. Hold direct reports accountable for advancing a world class safety culture. Participate in safety review of plant sites, post-accident review when necessary and management response to programs or policies when needed (i.e.: drug testing, proper PPE, use of equipment, plant and tools, etc.)
- Hire, develop, lead assess performance and manage the direct report Plant Managers, superintendents and plant foremen.
- Address any employee concerns efficiently and lawfully.
- Working with appropriate peers, support and advance management practices and policies to keep company profitable.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with public agency personnel, construction industry associations to insure a professional reputation for high standards of quality products and services is maintained.
- Troubleshoot, problem solve and resolve any production related challenges, scheduling, resource allocation or external public or private requirements to insure timely safe and profitable completion of material production
- Work closely with VP/GM and KRC Construction group to maintain competiveness in the market
- With collaboration with the VP/GM develop a logical pricing structure between outside and inside quotes
- Partner with other KRC Materials Manager’s to ensure efficient use of labor and equipment .
- Must have a “can do” attitude with the ability to mentor and inspire others
- In cooperation with the VP/GM, develop, change and monitor production plans dependent upon construction project schedules or customer demand for FOB.
- Determine and implement plant and work crew production schedules, material harvesting, land rehabilitation efforts, and equipment requirements.
- Maintain effective customer, project owner and land owner/neighbor relationships.
- Monitor product inventory levels and adjust production schedules and equipment configurations to balance material production with product demand.
- Ensure appropriate environmental permitting is in place.
- In cooperation with VP/GM, develop annual construction and materials production financial and volume plans. Advise VP/GM significant deviation from plan.
- In cooperation with the VP/GM, identify, quantify and estimate capital asset improvements of plants or equipment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITITES (types and extent of knowledge, skills or abilities an incumbent must possess to complete the job responsibilities satisfactorily)
- Be able to effectively analyze financial and production reports.
- Monitor material quality, inspect, & troubleshoot material. Work closely with Quality Control Department
- Coach and monitor team members and sites to comply with OSHA, MSHA and safety regulations
- Manage aggregate inventory and schedule rail deliveries.
- Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with difficult people under high stress situations. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations and act courteous/respectful of others.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve situations/problems (material, quality, equipment, operation/repair, etc.). Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers and managers/supervisors.
- Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers and managers/supervisors
- Ensure MSHA, OSHA, EPA, DNR, safety and environmental regulation compliance, Lockout/ Tagout .
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
- Knowledge of Aggregates, Ready-Mix, and Asphalt production and quality
- Ability to navigate computer software systems
- Build & maintain relationships with agencies & community leaders
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be capable of working in a self-managed work environment
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to manage and mentor others
- Regulatory compliance
To apply please visit Jobs.mdu.com
Monster - 8 months ago
copy to clipboard