Development, maintenance, and third level operational/ production support of the Travelport TPF Systems.
• Installation of TPF PUT updates and new releases of TPF, as well as enhancements to IBM source code in support of Travelport’s unique requirements.
• Evaluation of newly released TPF features and functionality to determine strategic and tactical uses.
• Tracking TPF issues, monitoring for critical fixes and evaluating their risks as well as applying the updates and documenting the changes.
• Problem resolution, dump analysis, risk analysis, outage recovery, diagnostic software and tools development.
• Maintenance of IBM & Travelport-unique TPF Documentation Source and System Error Database.
• Key problem resolution functions, including dump analysis, problem determination, risk analysis, outage recovery, and activity reviews.
• Diagnostic software and tools development for automation and other troubleshooting and research capabilities.
• Support of Delta Disaster Recovery activities and related documentation.
• Principle TPF Application interface for software architecture, communications protocols, and the development cycle.
• Provide services, development, and support of the programming languages, operating system, communications protocols, and tools used by all Travelport TPF Developers.
• Maintain modification standards for updating IBM Shipped Code.
• Primary responsibility for coordination of TPF control program development and implementation.
• Interface with vendors to communicate and represent Travelport's position as it relates to a particular hardware and operating system functions
• Interface with Delta Technology related to TPF operating system, communications network, and Delta distributed system interfaces to TPF
• Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
• Prefer 10 years related experience.
• TPF Systems, Communications, Database and TPF Applications – preferably airline and/or GDS.
• Open Systems – Linux/Unix.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to take a leadership role in the architecture and engineering of solutions both within TPF and migrating to Open Systems.
• Ability to lead and direct multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to delegate work to subordinate or less experienced team members; proven leadership ability.
• TPF Systems Internals experience.
Travelport - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Travelport helps people with their journeys, whether it be by land, air, or sea. Through its primary Global Distribution Systems (GDS)...