Summary: Editor in Chief (EIC), as the highest ranking newsroom leader, is responsible for driving product strategy and quality across all platforms and for relentlessly building audience. The EIC must be equally at home in both the print and digital spheres — but leadership and innovation must be particularly pronounced on digital platforms. To be successful, the EIC must possess sharp hard news instincts, have a burning curiosity about business and people, a deft editing hand and be equal parts leader, entrepreneur and marketer.
Required skills: Inspiring, yet diplomatic; Innovative, curious, collaborative; Must be comfortable and thrive in rapidly changing and uncharted media environment.
- Define a clear and compelling vision for the look, feel and voice of our portfolio of products, including the existing print newspaper, daily emails, website, tablet and mobile.
- Drive staff adaptation to new mediums, platforms, skill sets, story forms, and ways of doing things.
- Take a proactive, hands-on approach in developing and leading reporting staff.
- Share responsibility for growing print, digital and event audiences. Work with other department heads to create business and marketing plans. In collaboration with the Publisher, identify and address new business and audience opportunities to extend the brand, be it in print, online, social, events, video or other.
- Seek content syndication channels and partnerships for Business Journal content.
- Meet or exceed goals relating to audience-engagement.
Experience: Management and/or team leadership experience required; Daily, and preferably, weekly print experience for a business news operation; Experience working in an online news environment; Beat reporter experience.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
JournalismJobs.com - 9 months ago