Job Code: 3201508
Recognized as the #1 Best Company To Work for In New York, YAI Network is an award-winning, nationally acclaimed network of not-for-profit health and human services agencies dedicated to building brighter futures for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities of all ages and their families. We serve individuals, families, and communities in the NYC metropolitan area, Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester, Rockland, Orange, and Sullivan Counties within New York State. The most recent additions to our network include services to New Jersey and Puerto Rico. Our full range of services include early intervention, pre-school, family supports, day treatment and day habilitation programs, employment training and placement, clinical and residential services, as well as recreation and camping services.
Proud recipients of the following awards:
- New York State Society for Human Resource Management (NYS SHRM)
#1 Best Company to Work For in New York Award
- American Psychological Association’s National Psychologically Healthy Workplace Award
The YAI Network is currently seeking an Executive Assistant to Support our Senior Director of Human Resources and Chief Operating officer. Work within our Human Resources Department to support the operations of a dynamic team that supports over 5,600 employees everyday.
• Becoming knowledgeable about the functions of the Human Resources department as a unit and an integral part of the Agency/Network
• To perform secretarial responsibilities for the Senior Director of Human Resources including: Dictation, Correspondence, Appointment scheduling, filing, copying, Development of internal office systems, reviewing and prioritizing daily mail. And answering phones in a professional manner.
• Meeting with Senior Director on a daily basis to discuss priorities for the day.
• Electronically Scheduling administrative and internal department meetings and facilitating space
• Updating calendar and contact list
• Paying invoices electronically
• Completing Travel & Expense forms and time sheets
• Preparation for Board meetings: constructing packets, set up light refreshments, greet committee members upon arrival, and connect those participating telephonically
• Preparing agendas, confirmations/cancelations, VM announcements to groups attending Central Office Staff meetings and HR Department meetings.
• Special events - provide support for Staff Day, KOPECK, Family Diner Dance (Achievement of Excellence awards)
• Pre-Service - order food, processing "Refreshment & Training" food order form for payment
• Utilize ADP HRIS system
• Checking HR Hotline
• Successfully manage special projects undertaken by the HR department.
• Assist in disseminating HR information including new initiatives, benefits, changes in policies and procedures.
• Assist in the Coordination of special events and programs, to include but not limited to Staff Day, the Management Forum, and the Scholarship Achievement of Excellence Program.
• Provide assistance to other HR staff and departments during times of heavy workload, e.g typing, telephone relief, clerical duties, etc.
• Submitting monthly payroll and attendance records.
* BA/BS required
* Proficiency with entire Microsoft Office suite and database experience
* Excellent computer skills
* Ability to successfully manage projects to completion
* Assist Chief Operating Officer as needed
* Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
* Ability to work well within a fast paced environment
* Excellent written communication, proofreading and editing skills
* Must be organized and possess a high attention to detail
* Ability to handle confidential information
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Professional presentation and telephone skills
* Must be punctual, reliable, trustworthy, collaborative, and friendly
Please apply online below. For more information about the YAI Network please visit www.yai.org . EOE
The YAI National Institute for Disabilities Network (YAI/NIPD) serves developmentally and learning-disabled people and their families...