To ensure high levels of food quality, presentation and cost control according to recipe cards
1) Food preparation will include operating a variety of kitchen equipment to measure, and mix ingredients, wash peel, cut and shred fruits and vegetables, and trimming and cutting meat, poultry and fish for use.
2) Control food waste, loss and usage per Guidelines for Operations. Assisting in setting plans and actions to correct any food cost problems.
3) Check pars for shift use; determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out of stock items or possible shortages.
4) Start food items that are prepared ahead of time taking into consideration meeting rooms, hospitalities or employee events. Whenever possible, avoid over preparation.
5) Assist in preparation, production, and service of special functions.
6) Filter oil in deep fat fryer daily.
7) Assist in storing food when any deliveries arrive. Date and rotate all food containers as required.
8) With help from the Dining Room Attendant, clean entire area, close and lock storage cabinets.
9) Be able to set up, operate, clean, and sanitize all equipment in a safe manner.
10) Check condition of area and equipment, notifying your manager of areas needing attention.
11) Follow sanitation standards at all times making sure to follow proper hand washing techniques ass frequently as possible.
12) Be extremely aware of cross contamination and how to avoid it.
13) Practice safety standards at all times. 14) Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
1) Have thorough knowledge of emergency procedures.
2) Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
3) Good attention to detail
4) Ability to work under a high pressure environment
5) Knowledge of food and beverage products
6) At least one year of experience as a cook
LTD Hospitality Group - 12 months ago