The Systems Administrator will be responsible for developing, configuring, installing, and maintaining technology in a multi-platform mission critical environment. You will work closely with developers and QA to deploy and maintain applications enabling a rapid release of production and internal systems. You desire to work on a small-team and thrive in a dynamic environment.
In this position you will support:
Skills & Experience:
- An application environment using Ubuntu Linux, nginx, Passenger, Ruby on Rails, MySQL
- Setup, management and scaling of Linux virtual servers for development, QA, staging, and production instances in a cloud environment
- Monitoring, administering, and troubleshooting servers and applications
- Identification of areas for system, integration, test and application deployment automation
- Developing and maintaining the backup strategy
- Daily system maintenance tasks
Bonus Points for one or more of the following:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field or relevant industry experience
- 3+ years in Linux systems administration in a production environment
- Must possess a strong ability to document standards, methods and procedures in an audit-ready environment.
- Proficiency with scripting and system languages
- High availability system setup and architecture
- Candidates must have performance monitoring and tuning experience
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with OS, applications, and network infrastructure
- Analyze architecture, infrastructure design and application flow to optimize performance and scalability
- Capacity planning through evaluation of hardware and software
- 24x7 on-call support
Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Experience with application-level, system-level, and network penetration testing
- Experience with open source security and management tools a big plus (e.g. Bro IDS, OSSEC, ModSecurity, Chef, Git, Hudson/Jenkins)
- Familiarity with typical corporate security controls (e.g., NIDS/NIPS, HIDS/HIPS, WAF, Network Firewalls, VPN, AV, FDE, SIEM, DLP, etc.
- Experience operating in a PCI compliant environment