Directs and performs an advanced level of engineering activities.
Detailed Description 1. Direct and perform engineering activities relative to design of company pipeline including but not limited to:
Transmission and/or distribution pipeline systems and appurtenances Measurement and regulation facilities Compressor stations Dehydration plants
2. Calculate storage withdrawal requirements; direct prioritized purchases of gas; determine compressor efficiencies; and perform gas flow analysis.
3. Coordinate projects among regions, departments (Accounting, Contract Administration, Operating, and Customer Services), and contractors including but not limited to:
Bid proposals and contracts Line extensions Construction and/or relocation projects Manage gas projects that consist of residential, industrial and large commercial developments, major system improvements, and city and state highway and street relocations Manage all aspects of pipeline integrity process; plan, coordinate, and execute tests and gather required documentation Manage and coordinate with Divisional Engineering Pipeline Integrity manger to request, coordinate, and manage any changes to the Transmission Pipelines (MOC's).
4. Provide technical and/or engineering guidance and support to management, employees, governmental/regulatory personnel, contractors, customers, and others on matters including but not limited to:
Meter and regulator settings Equipment/system design Pipeline sizes Gas control Gas facility design, construction, operation, and maintenance Policies and procedures Process improvement and quality and compliance assurance
5. Research, analyze, prepare, and/or approve information including but not limited to:
Engineering studies Governmental rules, regulations, codes, and standards Pipeline bid proposals Construction contracts Gas purchase contracts Cost estimates Material specifications/selections Purchase requisitions Lost and unaccounted for gas reports
6. Provide technical support, make recommendations, and oversee the process integration, implementation, rollout, and routine use of technical and software systems including but not limited to:
GIS/AutoCAD GPS Code Compliance, Maxima, or other compliance related programs SynerGEE Flow Cal, Test It, or other measurement related programs
7. Regular and reliable attendance is required in performance of job.
8. Employee may be required to perform additional duties as assigned.
Job Requirements Bachelor's degree in engineering with previous experience as staff engineer.
1. Experience analyzing piping plans to ensure compliance with established standards and governmental regulations.
2. Application of math, algebraic formulas, calculus, and statistics.
3. Experience in use and function of office equipment including computers and software such as GIS, AutoCAD, SynerGEE, Excel, Access, and/or other relevant software.
4. Experience and training related to:
Transmission/distribution pipeline operations Company/governmental operating and safety procedures Line extension and relocation policies and procedures Material failure investigations Pipeline stress/strain analyses Construction/industry standards and procedures
5. Experience identifying, researching, evaluating, and prioritizing operational problems or specific situations and coordinating appropriate action/response.
6. Experience researching and preparing pipeline construction contracts, budgets, material requisitions, engineering studies, and correspondence.
7. Experience reading and interpreting governmental regulations, blueprints, contracts, manuals, specifications, surveys, charts, load studies, and various reports and correspondence.
8. Experience interacting, negotiating, advising, and communicating effectively.
9. Demonstrated ability to supervise, direct, and/or delegate work assignments. Knowledge of personnel policies and procedures.
10. Demonstrated ability to examine, test, and evaluate new products, materials, and processes.
11. Experience developing information and making presentations to groups and individuals.
12. Demonstrated ability to read and write fluently in English.
Additional Details CERTIFICATION/LICENSING :
1. Professional Engineer Certification. (Specified in Texas)
2. Applicable driver's license. Requires travel to other company offices and facilities and to job sites.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS :
1. Mobility to travel in and around plant and office facilities and around job sites out‑of‑doors.
2. Able to operate tools and equipment required.
COMMUNICATION REQUIREMENTS :
Communicate and/or exchange information; conduct oral presentations.
VISUAL REQUIREMENTS :
Sufficient to perform job duties.
How To Apply Only applicants who meet minimum qualifications will be considered. Only those applicants considered for an interview will be contacted.
Minimum Salary 68000 Maximum Salary 116000 Currency USD Amount of Travel No Travel Work At Home No Documents Name Description Attachment Category Last Modified By Last Modified Date Repository Details Detach No results found.
Show Key Notation