AHCA is seeking a Manager of Political Affairs with a commitment to improving lives by delivering solutions for quality care. This position will work with the Vice President of Political Affairs and the PAC Director to support and assist with raising funds for the political action program that meets the monetary and long range goals set forth by the AHCA-PAC Committee and Board of Governors.
Skills & Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Political Science, or related field is required. Fundraising and event planning experience required. Basic computer skills required. Familiarity with the political processes a plus. Two to five years of experience needed.
The ideal candidate will possess:
1. Good communication skills, both oral and written.
2. The ability to establish and maintain professional interpersonal relationships.
3. Knowledge of interaction between legislative process and PAC.
The American Health Care Association (AHCA) represents the long term care community to the nation at large – to government, business leaders, and the general public. AHCA is a non-profit federation of affiliated state health organizations, together representing more than 10,000 assisted living, nursing facility, developmentally-disabled and subacute care providers that care for more than 1.5 million elderly and disabled individuals nationally. AHCA offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, life, disability and long-term care insurance, 401(k), flexible spending accounts, flexible hours, education assistance, and more.
- AHCA will not accept unsolicited resumes for positions not listed.
- AHCA is an active Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
- AHCA welcomes men and women regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex or disability.