The Sr. Solution Architect for Business Intelligence will play a key role within the Orvis Information Technology department. This position will join a dynamic team of professionals, who will evaluate business opportunities, select and design applications, and implement solutions, which enable the business to grow and become more productive.
The Sr. Business Intelligence Arc hitect strategically designs, develops, and implements business intelligence solution, including integration with databases and data warehouses. This includes gathering requirements, designing, and rolling out BI solutions to end-users. The Business Intelligence Architect is also responsible for ensuring high levels of BI availability through support functions and in-depth testing. This position will be accountable for the strategic migration of assigned applications, project plans, and support requirements on behalf of the assigned business unit(s). This position will also need to maintain key business relationships.
For more than 150 years our name has stood for outdoor traditions, quality, and customer satisfaction. Orvis Company associates take pride in our world-class service and products, treating customers, vendor partners, and each other with integrity and mutual respect. We work in a supportive, team-oriented environment, focusing on performance, continuous improvement, and exceeding our customers’ expectations. The Orvis Company and our associates are committed to giving back to our communities and protecting nature.
The Sr. Solution Architect will report to the IT Manager for Business Intelligence in Sunderland, Vermont. This is an individual contributor position with no direct reports.
- Participate in defining and prioritizing business needs
- Participate in selecting appropriate solutions, data sources, and techniques to integrate, leverage, and support Orvis business intelligence efforts
- Develop and enhance corporate reporting
- Manage migration plans, vendor relationships, and problems resolution where necessary
- Analyze and recommend technical, procedural and operational changes which provide enhanced capabilities for the organization
- Demonstrated propensity for results
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to challenge Orvis internal processes (IT and Business) and articulate the value of proposed changes
- 5 to 10 years application development experience with complete SDLC,
- 2 to 4 years leading projects and project team resources.
- Designing and developing software applications with proven architectural and visualization success
- Experience defining, selecting, installing, and supporting packaged solutions
- Experience facilitating, defining and documenting business process requirements, developing software selection criteria, and evaluating potential solutions
- Ability to work independently, with strong team collaboration experience
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Excellent time management to coordinate multiple projects and meeting deadlines
- Participating in the evaluation of database/data warehouse components, hardware, relational database management systems, ETL software, metadata management tools, and database design solutions
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and articulate a desired state and the appropriate migration steps required to achieve it
- Experience and desire to work within a dynamic learning organization
- Strong experience with the Microsoft Projects and Outlook Software tools
- Travel required less than 10%
3 – 5 years supporting Business Intelligence and/or Marketing Solutions
- Direct Mail
- Web Commerce
- Inventory Management
5 – 10 years’ experience in the following:
- MS SQL Server
- Relational and/or OLAP database design
- Database / Data ware house development
- Data mapping/Data Modeling
- ETL tools / SSIS / Datastage / Informatica / AbInitio
- Agile Development
Experience with the following software or hardware platforms a plus:
- Business Objects
- Unica Campaign
About Orvis - www.orvis.com
In 1856, Charles Orvis founded the Orvis Company in Manchester, Vermont, offering the finest fly fishing equipment, and priding himself on customer satisfaction and service. Today, along with our world famous fly-fishing gear, Orvis offers distinctive clothing, home furnishings, gifts, and dog products. Each item is rooted in our heritage of authenticity and the outdoors, and is backed with a no-questions-asked guarantee. As the longest-running mail order business in the United States, and with our flagship retail store located in the same Vermont village as the original store since 1856, we offer experience and knowledge that no other retail company can. Each day we strive to apply what we know and learn to bring our customers even better service and products tomorrow.
Orvis is headquartered in beautiful Southwestern Vermont with major operations in Roanoke , Virginia and the U.K. We firmly believe that the only way for Orvis to achieve its vision to be the most respected lifestyle brand in America, is to have a company culture that is supportive and inspiring to the individuals that will get us there. Orvis Company associates take pride in our world-class service and products, treating customers, vendor partners, and each other with integrity and mutual respect. We work in a supportive, team-oriented environment, focusing on performance, continuous improvement, and exceeding our customers’ expectations. The Orvis Company and our associates are committed to giving back to our communities and protecting nature.
Orvis offers competitive compensation commensurate with scope of responsibilities and experience required; plus a comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, 401K with a company match, generous Associate Discounts, and other excellent benefits.
Orvis - 15 months ago
Have visions of fly-fishing the trout streams of the American West but don't know where to start? The Orvis Company can outfit you....