Minneapolis Subsidiaries - Maintenance Technician
We're a national steel service center that processes & distributes flat-rolled carbon and stainless products. We are seeking talented additions to our staff. We offer a competitive benefit package including medical/dental, 401(k) & profit sharing.
The Minnesota Division of Olympic Steel has an outstanding opportunity for a career-oriented individual interested in a career as a Maintenance Technician.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for troubleshooting and maintaining production and plant assets, performing building and equipment maintenance, repair and improvements and fabricating new machine parts as needed, all while working in a safe and timely manner. Additionally, the Maintenance Technician will review machine productivity, determine causes for downtime and suggest improvements and corrections, as well as develop new ways to improve functionality and efficiency. The Maintenance Technician will also recommend equipment purchases as necessary.
Qualified candidates must have two plus years experience in a steel service center or related manufacturing environment, or related vocational or technical degree. Other qualifications include:
Qualified candidates interested in this opportunity, please send resumes with cover letter to:
- Minimum of 2 years experience with precision instrument tools
- Minimum of 2 years experience with hand and welding tools
- Experience with Trumpf lasers, ESAB Oxyfuel cutting system, ESAB Avenger Plasmas, and other divisional equipment a plus.
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical systems including solid state motor drives, overhead travelling Zenar cranes, propane forklifts, hydraulic circuits and programmable logic controllers
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Proven teamwork and interpersonal skills and strong verbal and written communication skills, partnered with the ability to work independently required.
Olympic Steel - 3 years ago
Olympic Steel has bypassed gold, silver, and bronze in favor of carbon, coated, and stainless steel. A steel service center, Olympic Steel...