This position assumes responsibility for the strategic planning, development, long-term implementation and evaluation of a comprehensive training program, inclusive of professional and supervisory leadership training for all employees. Responsible creating, implementing, and managing a company-wide training to include expectations and measurements that build employee competencies and provide an environment of continuous learning. Responsible for using a systems management approach for developing cost effective training options to meet specific needs of the organization and create a high performance workforce. Responsible for insuring the quality of company-wide training through effective needs assessments, course design, qualified instructors, evaluation, training resource materials, and learning reinforcement strategies.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the overall strategic planning, development, long-term implementation, and evaluation of a comprehensive training program, inclusive of initial orientation, core correctional training, in-service training as well as professional and supervisory leadership training for all employees.
- Performs cost benefit analysis of training and tracks costs to provide the most cost efficient training options.
- Directs financial planning and control, including funding requirements, for all specialized training throughout the organization.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates a Master Trainer Certification program for Regional and Facility employees.
- Identifies, evaluates and implements cost effective, state of the art, training techniques and systems for classroom and self managed learning delivery options.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college with emphasis in adult learning, education or behavioral sciences. Master’s degree preferred.
- Seven (7) years relevant work experience with at least three years experience in management. A minimum of two years of that experience must be related to design, development and implementation of organization wide training programs. Additional graduate-level education highly desirable. Experience in the correctional field is desirable.
- Certification as a training instructor from a national governing board (National Institute of Corrections Training for Trainers/Design & Development and Master Trainer Certification) preferred. Certification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to develop lesson plans and have the ability to translate technical information to a diverse audience.
- Demonstrated competency in instructional design, adult learning principles, needs assessment, performance measure and evaluation, process improvement, team and consulting skills.
- Ability to work in a diverse work group needed.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and computer skills.
- Extensive travel with frequent overnight stays is required by position.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Must have current Arizona driver's license. Must pass a drug screen.
The GEO Group, Inc. - 16 months ago
The GEO Group, Inc. (GEO) is a provider of government-outsourced services specializing in the management of correctional, detention and...