Anchorage Role synopsis The P2P Internal Controls Analyst position is comprised of three primary areas of responsibility:
Disclaimer If you are selected for the position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. BP is an equal opportunity employer. Segment Upstream bp.com #tag #BPJobsinAlaska Removal Date 26-Dec-2012
- Assist Accounts Payable and Treasury Team Leader and Assistant Controller with successful P2P systems deployment and ongoing sustain operations; and with process interventions and remediation as necessary to assure a high standard of supplier and service contractor payment performance for the Alaska Region;
- Monitor and analyze the operational effectiveness of internal controls and application security in BP Alaska Region purchase to pay (P2P) financial systems and administrative procedures; assist the Accounts Payable and Treasury Team Leader and the Assistant Controller with interventions and remediation and as necessary.
- Maintain current and accurate representation of BP Alaska Region Delegations of Authority in the BP Global Delegations of Authority website; monitor the efficient and reliable operation of the automated interfaces between the Global DofA system and BP Alaska Region Financial Systems.
- Provide subject matter expertise and training for authority holders and other staff in the effective operation of the DofA request and change system (eFAL), payment processes, and related internal controls. Key accountabilities - Understand P2P financial systems, data structures, and workflow, and internal control processes.
- Perform assessments of key automated business controls (ABC’s), application security, and administrative control procedures associated with BP Alaska Region P2P financial systems and processes.
- Maintain current and accurate representation of BP Alaska Region Delegations of Authority in the BP Global Delegations of Authority website, monitor the efficient and reliable operation of the automated interfaces between the Global DofA system and BP Alaska Region Financial Systems;
- Assist the Accounts Payable and Treasury Team Leader and the Assistant Controller with internal control and DofA compliance monitoring, and with process interventions and remediation and as necessary to maintain efficient operation of controls and a high standard of supplier and service contractor payment performance for the Alaska Region.
- Maintain current documentation for BP Alaska Region P2P financial systems workflow, and for the BP Alaska Region Delegations of Authority request and change process.
- Coordinate annual audits of Alaska P2P processes, financial systems, and application security as performed by Group Control and Ernst & Young for SoX compliance purposes;
- Maintain relationships and frequent interactions with Alaska Procurement and Supply Chain Mgmt. function (PSCM), Alaska Operations function, Group Global DofA Team, Group Control, and with other BP Regions to enable Alaska to be proactive in adapting to change, and to seek out and understand best practices and standardization opportunities. Essential Education Bachelors Degree in Accounting preferred, or in Finance or Business Administration with course work through Intermediate Accounting; CPA and/or MBA helpful for career development. Essential experience and job requirements - Experience in Accounting and/or Finance analytical roles.
- Internal control training and experience. Other essential skills and knowledge - Strong analytical skills, and ability to understand and interpret data quickly yet maintaining rigor and attention to detail.
- Strong aptitude for process analysis.
- Effective listening and communication skills;
- Initiative, leadership, and influencing skills. Desirable criteria & qualifications - Accounts payable, treasury, banking, or audit experience.
- Experience using and large scale Enterprise systems, e.g. SAP.
- Ability to communicate technical information with clarity.
- Ability to work with and influence outsourced offshore accounting service provider staff for delivery of required results. Relocation available Yes - Domestic (In country) only Travel required Negligible travel Is this a part time position? No About BP Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
BP - 20 months ago
BP p.l.c. (BP) is an oil company, operating through its subsidiaries. With effect from January 1, 2008, it operated in two business...