This position also serves as consultant and coach for site EHS resources, and provides guidance to plant leadership as they establish an expectation and program to improve results.
Responsibilities include the following:
Determine and implementing strategic direction of EHS programs.
- Provide significant leadership and assistance to all plants in the implementation of programs and processes necessary to ensure compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Lead the process of establishing EHS goals for the business, assist in determining EHS priorities for locations, and provide direction on managing programs/policies and providing technical expertise for management of all environmental, health and safety issues.
- Move business to a culture of employee engagement and involvement in safety processes and continuous improvement.
- Keep abreast of changing regulations and EHS trends to adjust company policies as required and alert management to areas of risk.
- Assist in the recruitment and development of site EHS resources.
- Develop metrics for assessment of facility performance.
- Monitor location workers’ compensation programs and expenditures to identify trends and improvement measures to plant leadership.
- Bachelors degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering or equivalent degree required. Masters degree preferred.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to credibly and effectively communicate and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Minimum ten years of experience in leading improvement efforts in heavy manufacturing settings required.
Precision Castparts Corp. - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Precision Castparts Corp. is a worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power...