Seattle-based Varolii is a market leader in Customer Interaction Management, helping large enterprises communicate with their customers, members and employees in the most effective and cost–efficient manner. Varolii pioneered the first truly personalized, proactive automated solutions for contact center optimization more than a decade ago. Since that time, we’ve been first to market with applications that have revolutionized how companies interact with consumers. We honed years of experience and technology innovation into targeted application suites tailored to six key vertical markets: healthcare, financial services, airlines, utilities, telecommunications and retail. These application suites combine cross channel communications (voice, text, email and smartphone) with advanced analytics, segmentation, reporting and campaign controls for a seamless solution that yields more profitable outcomes and a better overall service experience. Today, Varolii serves many of the top Fortune 500 and Fortune 1000 companies by delivering a higher return on every interaction. In fact, one out of every three Americans has interacted with Varolii through the more than 450 organizations that trust Varolii to engage their customers and employees in millions of digital interactions every day. Varolii has offices in Seattle, WA & Burlington, MA. For more information, visit www.varolii.com .
Are you interested in joining a market leader in cloud based Customer Interaction Management, helping large enterprises communicate with their customers, members and employees? Do you enjoy working in a collaborative and innovative environment where your skills and expertise make a difference? If so, then come join our team! We are seeking an experienced Senior Oracle Database Administrator to create, maintain and administer Varolii’s Oracle databases on a Solaris 10 platform.
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Create, administer, manage, monitor & maintain Oracle databases on a Solaris 10 platform
- Apply quarterly PSU/SPU/CPU and patchset and version upgrades.
- Develop and maintain shell scripts in Solaris 10 and RHEL environments. Work with engineering and other teams to fine tune the RDBMS and dependent applications.
- Set up, manage and monitor RMAN/NetBackup.
- Work with Oracle Support on unresolved issues
- Proactively and reactively manage space and capacity planning for the databases.
- Respond to incidents through 24x7 on call DBA rotation
- Work with Customer Support and other teams in Operations to resolve problems with application data.
- Develop and maintain ETL processes for data migration to downstream marts, summaries and archives
- Partner with Chief Security Officer (CSO) as required on statutory and contractual compliant application/client data management and maintaining separation of duties
- Strong working knowledge of
- Oracle 11.2.0 RDBMS
- SQL Server 2008 R2
- Mongo DB
- Working knowledge of Solaris 10, RHEL and shell scripting
- Commitment to 24X7 environment monitoring, metrics generation and logging, and on-call rotation schedule
- Excellent documentation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with HA solutions such as Oracle Advanced Replication, Streams and Physical Standby Database Management.
- Proven troubleshooting skills and ability to analyze and resolve problems by type and severity
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- 6-9 years’ experience as an Oracle Database Administrator