OrthoCarolina is seeking a Scheduling & Administrative Coordinator to p rovide a variety of administrative and general medical secretarial support for physicians and physician assistants at our Huntersville office. The position is responsible for serving as the liaison between the providers and administration, all departments within the organization, patients, attorneys and the public in general. In addition, they arrange surgeries and diagnostic tests at area hospitals and diagnostic facilities based on physician/patient preferences and insurance plan requirements.
Additional Duties Include:
- Anticipates needs of physicians by gathering related records, reports, correspondence or other specific information for communication with the physician. Performs secretarial/clerical duties including, but not necessarily limited to, transcription of Operative/STAT notes, ER notes, consultation notes, all physician (s) and mid-level providers;
- Schedules surgery and tests ordered by providers. Scheduled according to physician/patient/insurance company requirements. Ordering any special equipment necessary. Gives general instructions and explains procedures that are scheduled with the patients and provides the patient with written instructions including date, time and facility directions for the procedure that is scheduled;
- Maintains appointment calendar and outside schedule for physician(s)/mid-level providers, including meeting schedules, travel, etc. Arranges meetings as directed by the physician(s);
- Organizes and prioritizes assigned work. Performs work in a confidential matter concerning the physicians, clinic policies and procedures, and maintains patient confidentiality; and
- Coordinates medical/legal correspondence to include communication with attorneys, arranging depositions and court dates, processing of reports and acceptance of subpoenas for the physician.
Required Education & Experience:
- An Associates Degree is preferred, at least 1 year related experience and training or the equivalent combination of training and education;
- A minimum of 2 years of medical transcription experience and knowledge of current medical terminology;
- 3-5 years executive level assistance experience preferred and 1-2 years experience in a medical office or hospital environment.
OrthoCarolina - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard