In this role as a Hardware Systems Test Engineer you will leverage your hardware, firmware, software and system level knowledge to define overall product validation strategy. Responsibilities include systems bring up, system integration, hardware test, quality, RAS (reliability, availability, and serviceability) of next generation IBM/Netezza products.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
• Support system integration & test activities from design phase through development, integration, and deployment of completed system.
• Support integration activities of the development including installation, documentation of hardware/software components, and test tools.
• Develop hardware system level test programs, test scripts, test procedures, and test reports.
• Perform system level integration testing, and formal qualification testing.
• Verify system hardware/firmware & diagnostics testing
• Support integration and verification of 3rd party tools within product environment
• Work with a cross functional team (software, hardware, manufacturing and customer support) to create test processes, test specifications, test cases for integration, regression, beta and production testing.
• Develop and execute detailed hardware tests from component level on up to system level testing.
• Perform failure analysis which will include problem tracking / recording, root cause / failure analysis and recommending corrective actions.
• Perform continuous quality improvement activities including analyzing trends and providing process improvement recommendations.
• Assemble and compile test plan per input from internal inter-disciplinary teams.
• Demonstrate technical leadership and provide consultation / guidance on complex projects and issues.
• Contributing to creating and developing test automation strategies
• Ability to analyze and isolate complex system level problems
• Significant experience working at the system level HW and SW integration
• Experience in bringing up a large scale system.
• Experience determining operational and performance limitations of products.
• Experience testing on Linux environment.
• Experience identifying and developing automated test suites
• Experience in scripting languages (perl, bash, etc)
• Very strong troubleshooting, debugging and analysis skills
• Ability to adapt and quickly refocus in an agile environment.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Ability to understand the features and customer expectations of assigned responsibilities.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 3 years experience in Design Test Plans and Test Cases
- At least 2 years experience in Perform System Testing
- Readiness to travel 10% travel annually
- English: Fluent
- At least 5 years experience in Design Test Plans and Test Cases
- At least 3 years experience in Perform System Testing
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
IBM - 13 months ago
International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global Technology...