The SaaS Senior Network Engineer is responsible for the network & security architecture and design aspects of the Genesys global SaaS platform. The successful candidate will be responsible for engineering a safe, secure, and scalable data and voice multi-tenant network infrastructure and will drive the operational efficiencies and availability of the platform.
You are a seasoned Senior Network Engineer who is energetic, well spoken, and confident to lead large scale critical projects. The candidate will need to be highly proficient with a solid and proven experience in network design and configuration, security management and administration, troubleshooting, monitoring and traffic management. The position also requires from the candidate a strong understanding of SIP protocol, solid experience with Genesys SIP solutions and their respective requirements for the network devices specific to integration with third-party systems and the deployments in a complex network environment. This position will have direct responsibility of the design and the implementation of the network and security infrastructure layers in multi-tenant environment. You will be working with a team of enthusiastic and talented developers responsible for developing key components in Genesys SaaS software products, providing network solutions answering the specific needs of the component deployed within the Genesys global SaaS platform.
This position offers an outstanding opportunity for a unique individual who possesses a solid network and security technology foundation coupled with a solid operational capability, as well as with solid documentation and planning skills..
Build technology strategy that defines the technology usage in the product suite
Provide technical leadership to the entire R&D organization
Collaborate with other business groups to ensure that Genesys technology strategy and architecture supports and accelerates the Enterprise business vision
Report on the state of key data architecture initiatives across the company to senior management and R&D community
Act as an industry thought leader to continue to build awareness of Genesys as a market leader in the customer service software and best practices
Qualifications/Skills Required and Preferred
To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com
- 12+ years of proven experience in network and security engineering, building and deploying solutions to provide and secure data and voice networking services in high traffic, high bandwidth internet facing environments.
- Solid technical expertise and strong background in TCP/IP, LAN/WAN protocols and topologies, network routing and switching technologies, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, firewalls (Cisco ASA and IOS routed/transparent), remote access (AnyConnect, SSL VPN), QoS and traffic management.
- Deep understanding of VOIP protocols like SIP and RTP
- Experience with Genesys SIP solutions and their respective requirements for the network devices in a complex network environment, including specifics of firewall configuration (Cisco ASA, IOS), hardware load-balancing of Genesys SIP elements, network address translation.
- Clear understanding and excessive experience with technologies of multi-tenant environment, including VRFs and Firewall Security Contexts.
- Broad knowledge of VPN architecture, primarily IPSEC-based.
- Experience managing F5 BigIP LTM and/or NetScalers load balancers
- Extensive experience in managing large enterprise and/or service provider network and distributed system environment.
- Strong knowledge of L2 technologies including switches, VLANs, spanning tree and 802.1q.
- A good understanding and experience in security policy implementation.
- Solid experience in designing fault-tolerant network, contributing in Disaster recovery projects or maintenance of DR environments.
- Solid experience in analyzing TCP/IP network topologies.
- Working experience with encryption, PKI and Certificate management
- Knowledge of various monitoring systems, including Nagios, OpManager, and Spunk.
- Telecom expertise within a call center environment is highly desired.
- Experience in a variety of UNIX and Windows Operating systems including RedHat Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu and W2K8. Experience with VMware is desirable.
- Experience with scripting languages, including Perl and Linux shell scripting
- Cisco Certifications, CCNP and CCIE desired.
- Self-starter, analytical and with strong problem solving skills and the ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects and issues, independently, as well as part of a cross-functional global team.
- Ability to think creatively and ability to solve problems with out of the box solutions. Ability to lead a team of professionals both in the US and globally.
- Ability to verbally present complex concepts and technical information to non-technical audience in a clear and concise fashion.
- Strong interpersonal skills sufficient to conduct business with others in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Ability to interact positively, clearly, and professionally with customers, and peers.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to present to a variety of audiences.
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or a related topic
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.