Enterprise Data Warehouse Program Manager
Essential Functions of the Job:
- The Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) Program Manager is responsible for delivering Veterans Affairs EDW Support Service program for time, scope, budget and quality. This program may consist of interrelated projects being led by individual project managers under an overarching program or may comprise a single large multi-year program for the Program Manager to lead;
- The role requires knowledge of the VA PMAS/ProPath process, project and program management lifecycle including portfolio management, initial creation of a business case and delivery through to formal implementation and closure of a program. Scope, cost, time, issue, risk, resource, communication and stakeholder management in the federal workspace are key responsibilities of the role in addition to coaching and growing the project and program teams;
- The Program Manager must have mastery in stakeholder relationship management skills to successfully lead and manage the teams and stakeholders. Coaching, subject matter expertise within Business Intelligence and the ability to build and drive a successful implementation and team are critical to this role; and
- The Program Managers support the Directors in the overall delivery of the 7Deltastrategy including process improvement, funding and portfolio management, multi-year roadmaps and the delivery of approved programs and projects.
- Successfully executing Veterans Affairs EDW Support Service program and sub-projects to agreed time, scope, budget and quality including developing objectives, phasing and content of the program/project to deliver on the business case benefits, budget and schedules;
- Performing the relevant program/project management processes - i.e. initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control and close, and the supporting processes e.g. scope, cost, time, issue, risk, resource, communication, stakeholder management ensuring that the required artifacts are delivered and approved appropriately;
- Planning for, monitoring and managing change through formal change management processes and stakeholder/ customer relationship management including reporting on variances to the approved program/project baseline and managing the approval or mitigation of these as appropriate;
- Managing program/project work, recruitment and resources to enable successful and timely completion of the program/project including performing gate reviews and quality assurance reviews with all aspects of IT organization and business sponsors;
- Closing the program/project and formalizing acceptance of the program/project results ensuring that the benefits realization have been achieved or a formal plan is in place to manage these;
- Interfacing and communicating with program/project teams, management, customers and stakeholders including implementing and working through defined governance processes;
- Coaching and mentoring both customers and program/project team members in program management delivery fundamentals and the benefits to successful program and project delivery; and
- Supporting the design and implementation of the overall business and technology strategies and architectures for Business Intelligence.
- Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Significant experience with implementing and maintaining Data Warehouse / Business Intelligence technologies, vendors and products;
- Mastery of program/project management methodology, tools and templates (includes program/project planning, schedule development, scope management and cost management);
- Management skills to manage one or more large, complex global programs/projects simultaneously;
- Strong team working skills across matrixed client, supplier and geographically dispersed virtual teams;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing; and
- Leader in the use of IT methodologies, processes and standards for program/project management.
- 15 years in a corporate IT environment
- 10 years experience in program/project management delivering large multi-year, multi-million dollar global programs
- 8 years experience with business intelligence (Enterprise Reporting, Analytics and Data Warehousing)
- Preferred work experience with the Department of Veterans Affairs or another Federal Government Agency.
This position is an onsite position in the Washington DC metro area.
7Delta, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V