Description Mid level professional. Provides support to the Operating Divisions, to assist in compliance with environmental health and safety regulations and Devon’s EHS Standards and Programs.
- Provide cost effective EHS guidance and recommendations to Operations, while complying with EHS regulatory requirements and Company EHS Policies and Standards.
- Be familiar with and research regulatory requirements as needed
- May represent company at regulatory hearings and meetings
- Develop, gather and maintain EHS data for departmental/corporate EHS reports and regulatory documents.
- Interface with federal and state agencies, i.e., OSHA, EPA, DOT, State Environmental/Safety Agencies, etc. as required.
- Participate in EHS incident investigations.
- Assist Operations department with ensuring contractor compliance with Devon EHS policies and Standards.
- Attend pre-job meetings and safety meetings as requested.
- Participate in EHS field reviews.
- Assist in preparing compliance manuals as necessary.
- Audits contractor EHS performance, policies and Standards.
- Leads and participates in the EHS field reviews and training programs.
- Conduct or supervise contractors conducting EHS field tests.
- Provide operations support for a variety of environmental compliance requirements including air, water, environmental impact, endangered species and waste management.
- Prepare EHS performance data.
- Facilitate the interpretation of EHS regulations, standards and procedures.
- Propose EHS standards and procedures as needed for cost-effective compliance.
- Action Oriented
- Decision Quality
- Technical Learning
- Written Communications
- Customer Focus
- Understanding Others
- Minimum 5 year of industry experience with at least 3 years of EHS experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety Sciences, Engineering, or a related discipline
- May be required to travel on short notice
Devon Energy Corporation - 13 months ago
Independent oil and gas producer Devon Energy puts its energy into oil and gas fields far from England's southwestern coast, in North...