Works as a team member of Food & Nutrition Services. Responsible for selection and correction of patient menus, room service call center, and delivery of patient trays. Provides quality customer service and communicates patients’ needs and food preferences to the Food and Nutrition Services staff. Works with therapeutic diet orders and assists patients with meal selection according to prescribed diets. Works closely with other members of food service staff, clinical nutrition staff and nursing staff.
1. Assists patients with meal selection – collects patient menus, assists in room service call center/assists patients who call in their meal selections, ensures proper therapeutic diet meal selections, and prepares tray tickets.
2. Operates food service computer system for patient meal selection preparation.
3. Assists on tray line when needed to assemble trays and/or food preparation.
4. Checks patient trays for accuracy and completeness and places trays on cart. Delivers food trays to hospital patients using excellent customer service skills and following patient safety guidelines.
5. Answers telephone calls, receives computer generated diet changes, communicates messages and takes action when needed.
6. Communicates with other Nutrition Assistants and Diet Office/Call Center staff and Clinical Nutrition Staff (dietitians and diet technicians) about patient diets and requests.
7. Acts as an intermediary between patients, patient families, nursing staff, and Food & Nutrition Services Department.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to effectively communicate and receive information in a manner easily understood by fellow employees.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Proficient computer skills and ability to learn food service computer system for meal selection/correction.
- Ability to maintain positive teamwork, communication, and customer relations.
- Ability to apply skills appropriate for the position.
- Ability to adapt to procedures, processes, tools, equipment and techniques to accomplish the requirements of the position.
- High School diploma, GED and/or equivalent education and experience
- Nutrition degree and/or formal nutrition training preferred; or minimum of 1 year hospital patient food service experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of various hospital therapeutic diet orders
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center - 2 years ago
The Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) is the benefits division of the Department of Veterans Affairs. The VBA provides benefits divided...