General Statement of Duties: To provide direct care services to individual in supervised residential and day services settings and to do so in a manner that promotes growth, independence and dignity for those individuals served.
1. Attend to the daily needs of consumers on an individual basis as well as foster increased independence and self-determination.
2. Teach socialization and activities of daily living, including household maintenance; self-care and hygiene; self-awareness; menu planning, food shopping and preparation; money management skills/budgeting; transportation and community orientation; and utilization of community resources.
3. Administer and document consumer medications as prescribed by a physician in accordance with agency and program procedures as assigned.
4. Record and appropriately utilize necessary data, daily progress notes, staff log; and complete all other ISP/DHSP/Day Habilitation Support program plan required documentation.
5. Transport consumers to and from day programs, medical appointments and other activities as requested.
6. Provide opportunities for leisure time activities and foster independence in the choice and participation of those activities.
7. Organize, develop and implement group and individual activities.
8. Ensure client safety and comply with program standards for staff coverage, including assistance to the Administrator-On-Call whenever possible.
9. Act as an appropriate consumer advocate and role model.
10. Provide a supportive environment that includes opportunities for consumers to determine, to the fullest extent possible, personal preferences for daily schedules and routines.
11. Maintain knowledge of ongoing program issues and developments as well as informing supervisor of program issues and concerns.
12. Maintain CPR and First Aid Certifications.
13. Perform duties consistent with program and agency polices and procedures.
14. Execute duties to reflect reasonable safety standards. Standard/universal precautions must be utilized and training obtained in areas that constitute risk.
15. Perform other related work duties as assigned by Program Manager or designee.
BAMSI, Inc. - 30+ days ago
BAMSI is a private non-profit human service organization, which was founded in 1975 to serve people in Southeastern Massachusetts. Today, th...