Develops and implements the mental health residential program. Assists in administrative operations of the facility. |
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements
Master's degree in behavioral sciences or related field and two years work experience in providing services to mentally ill persons or Bachelor's degree in behavioral science or related field and four years experience with one year experience or training in administration or supervision required. Must have prior experience with medication management or must successfully complete an approved course of medication management. Must have knowledge of treatment programs and service delivery system for the mentally ill. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to work with service providers from different agencies and ad different levels of training. Ability to supervise and manage personnel.
Must maintain any certification/licensure as required by profession.
Job Specific Competencies
- Supervise facility personnel via monthly meetings with individual staff members and yearly evaluations.
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize knowledge of adult developmental characteristics when assessing, developing, implementing, and reviewing program plan.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures that make optimum use of resources and that keep the facility in compliance with DHS, county welfare agencies, and the MN Health Department regulations as well as complaint with Northwest Medical Center's quality of care standards.
- Assist Pennington County social services and Northwest Medical Center in directing and coordinating maintenance, dietary, laundry, and housekeeping services to the facility.
- Supervise staff and the Mental Health Program to assure that the operation is run according to approved policies and procedures.
- Consult with the administrator regarding the operation of the facility and shares information regarding the facility's operation available to other administrative resources when appropriate.
- Provide direct program services to facility residents and coordinate these services with the treatment team.
- Provide the treatment team with an update on each resident's progress in therapy so treatment plans can be tailored to suit each resident's current needs.
- Promote the facility and maintain and develop healthy working relationships with other service providers and community resources.
- Interacts with customers in a warm and friendly way.
- Takes immediate action to meet customer requests or needs.
- Listens to understand what customers have to say.
- Recognizes safety hazards and takes corrective action; seeking assistance when needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of operational policies and procedures.
- Performs work safely, without causing harm or risk to self, others or property.
- Makes a decision considering the impact of the decision on other areas.
- Initiates collaboration with others outside of service area.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the principles, values, and ethics of the organization.
- Models accountability for learning by sharing knowledge and learning from others.
- Builds effective working relationships.
- Expresses appreciation to others for their work.
- Treats others with respect.
- Defines and delegates work responsibilities with clear, consistent expectations and outcomes.
- Demonstrates both knowledge and application of Sanford policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Measures, monitors, and evaluates job performance and competencies of staff.
- Demonstrates good planning skills by ensuring the appropriate scheduling of resources including staff, equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrates the ability to plan, develop, implement and control as assigned portion of the annual budget.
- Demonstrates the ability to take charge, take unpopular stands if necessary, face difficult situations, and is looked to for direction from others.
- Facilitates and supports change within the Sanford Health.
- Demonstrates commitment to continuous learning for themselves and staff.
- Demonstrates and applies continuous quality improvement knowledge and skills.
- Professionalism/Integrity - Models high standards of principles, values and ethics through policy decisions, professional duties, and personal actions in the organization and the community.
- Decision Making/Problem Solving - Gathers information, selects the best strategy, implements and evaluates decisions to assure continuous improvement and contribution to the long-term best interest of Sanford and its constituents.
Information Management Competencies
- Demonstrates skill in accessing, preparing and using information as relevant to position.
- Verbalizes and demonstrates knowledge of procedures for maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family and other medical information.
- Demonstrates ability to collect, analyze and present data as appropriate to position.
- Demonstrates skill in use of equipment relevant to position; verbalizes knowledge of appropriate safety procedures.
- Diagnoses equipment problems; fixes or seeks out someone to fix.
- Consistently informs appropriate person of problems encountered with repairs or calibration of equipment.
- This position is classified as a Category III position under OSHA guidelines with no risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other potentially infectious materials.
Incumbent provides supervision for staff in assigned service area.
View Physical Requirements
Sanford Health - 17 months ago