Come Join our Winning Team! Named one of the BEST Virginia Business Places to Work in 2011.
IMG - a rapidly growing business with a 25-year history providing information technology (IT) and information assurance (IA) services to government and commercial customers worldwide - is seeking a full-time Junior Systems Administrator at its headquarters in Fairfax, VA .
The purpose of the Junior Systems Administrator is to provide assistance to the IT Manager in the management and maintenance of IMG systems.
- Management and maintenance of servers, and routers;
- Hardware and software troubleshooting;
- Tracking of system availability/usage patterns;
- Research of options and making recommendations on enhancements to optimize availability and performance;
- Help desk tier 1,2, and 3 support;
- Operating system (e.g., Microsoft Windows Vista/ XP /Server 2008) and Microsoft Office support;
- Equipment installation and maintenance;
- Ensuring compliance with applicable security requirements and configuration management guidelines;
- Database administration and data storage support;
- Disaster and recovery planning;
- Development, coordination, and implementation of server upgrades, patches, etc.;
- Development of standard operating procedures (SOPs) for hardware and software installation, troubleshooting, maintenance, and operations;
- Web-based application design, development, and administration;
- Programming support.
Clearance Required: Candidate must be a U.S. citizen and have the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. government security clearance.
- Candidates must have a total of 2 years relevant experience.
- Experience with Windows Server 2008, Active Directory, and Exchange 2007 is required.
- Technical management experience desired.
- Experience developing and presenting briefings is a plus.
Certifications Required: A current Microsoft certification is preferred (MCP, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE, or MCITP)
Education and Years of Experience Required: Qualified candidate must have 1 year relevant IT experience. Experience with Windows Server 2008, Active Directory, and Exchange 2007 is required.
IMG COMPANY BENEFITS:
Information Management Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- 20 days of personal leave plus paid holidays
Information Management Group - 10 months ago
For fifteen years, The Information Management Group has been providing IT services to organizations around Chicago and throughout the...