Adult Home Care Social Worker
Medicaid Social Worker – South Rural Team
This position is 22.5 hours per week and is eligible for benefits. Hours are from 8:00am to 4:00pm
The Visiting Nurse Association currently has an opening for a Social Worker to provide a wide range of social work services to patients and their families in a home care setting with the goal of reducing or controlling psychosocial factors that may be impediments to patients' treatment and recovery.
· Conduct comprehensive initial and ongoing in-home psychosocial assessments of patients' circumstances, problems and needs related to their illnesses, need for care and response to treatment.
· Manage a home visiting caseload, including: developing appropriate case plans with short and long term goals relevant to patients' defined needs
· Provide short-term therapeutic/supportive counseling related to adjusting to illness/disabilities, adherence to medical regimes, strengthening family support system, coping with increased functional limitations, etc.
· Coordinate a wide range of services for clients with many different community health care and human service organizations and government agencies, involving extensive client referral and advocacy functions.
· Any other duties as so designated by supervisor.
· Master's degree in Social Work plus two years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
· Vermont LICSW (Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker)
· Excellent formal and informal counseling skills, including some group counseling experience.
· Demonstrated ability to work well alone, without a supervisor immediately available, and as a member of a clinical team.
· Ability to converse clearly and comfortably with, and to use tact, discretion and sensitivity in dealing with patients/families/caregivers
· Relevant experience/skills in working with the health professions in delivery of social work services, with experience in a community health/health care team setting desirable.
· Ability to deal effectively with a wide range of individuals both in and outside of the agency, including physicians, other community health care and social service organizations, and various VNA personnel, requiring good coordinating/liaison, consulting and patient advocacy skills.
All Agency Employees are required to carry Automobile Insurance. The minimum requirements for Bodily Injury are $100,000 per person and $300,000 per incident. Proof of Insurance is required upon hire.