Who We Are:
Ball Corporation is a supplier of high-quality metal packaging for beverage, food and household products customers, and of aerospace and other technologies and services, primarily for the U.S. government. Our more than 13,000 knowledgeable, motivated and customer-focused employees share Ball's high regard for mutual respect, integrity and ethical conduct.
Founded in 1880, Ball Corporation was originally known for the glass canning jars your grandmothers used to use. Today, Ball makes packaging that enables delivery of safe, nutritious food and beverages and convenient household products to consumers around the world. Ball Aerospace is known for its contributions in support of space and Earth science, exploration, national security and intelligence programs.
Ball Corporation is headquartered at the foot of the Rocky Mountains in Broomfield, Colo., where skiing, mountain biking, hiking, climbing and other outdoor sports are world-renowned. Around the world, we have operations in North and South America, Europe and Asia.
· Manages the manufacturing planning and control functions.
· Schedules production of products and labels as necessary to fulfill customer requirements, meet shipping schedules, and maintain appropriate inventory levels.
· Monitors and ensures adequate supply and/or return of appropriate packaging material for finished goods.
· Facilitates all commercial issues, such as credit, new graphics, manufacturing location and timing, transportation, and assists with any quality issue resolution.
· Serves as a focal point for customers, metal beverage plants, and sales staff to resolve issues related to deliveries, quality, graphics, inventories, packaging needs, and packaging returns.
· Forecasts production, sales, and metal requirements for plant and group office use.
· Forecasts raw materials for use in production and coordinates with group purchasing orders, shipment and in-plant inventories of metal. Provides daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly production, spoilage, and sales data.
· Initiates the resolution of slow moving and obsolete inventory issues with key accounts.
· Broad training in a related field acquired through college level education or work related experience.
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
· Job related experience for a minimum of 5 years.
· Ability to apply intensive and diversified evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard plant production control/manufacturing techniques, procedures, and criteria.
· Working knowledge of the following areas: business principles, legal practices, customer needs and expectations, production control practices and principles, generally accepted managerial practices and procedures, computer skills, graphics processes, cost accounting principles, financial analysis, manufacturing processes, beverage filling operations, and transportation methods.
· Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
Travel: This position requires up to 20% travel.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Ball Aerospace - 20 months ago