Oracle Test Lead
Job ID #: 20913
Company : Expedia, Inc.
Location : USA - WA - Bellevue
Functional Area : Technology
Employment Type : Full-Time Regular
Education Required : Bachelors
Experience Required : 5-7 Years
Relocation Provided : Yes
Position Overview: Oracle Test Lead
Expedia has embarked on a financial systems transformation project which includes the implementation of Oracle E- Business Suite (EBS) R12. In conjunction with this initiative, the Expedia Oracle Enterprise Systems Test team is looking for a motivated Oracle Applications Test Lead for the Order to Cash work stream . You would be a critical part of a growing Corp IT team using the latest technology to improve our employee and partner experience across web and mobile platforms, empowering thousands of employees and partners to work and deliver every day.
We are hiring a Test Lead for Order to Cash work stream to own the test planning, test execution, building and maintaining the automation scripts for the Oracle EBS modules. In this role, we require a solid understanding of end to end Oracle Financials business processes and an ability to understand our modification of those processes to facilitate the implementation of our Oracle EBS platform.
The Corp IT team delivers integrated software and hardware solutions allowing all of Expedia’s employees and partners to perform their roles every day and run the company. You would be a critical part of a growing team using the latest technology to improve our employee and partner experience across web and mobile platforms, empowering thousands of employees and partners to work and deliver every day. We are passionate and relentless in our drive to provide great tools for collaboration and a robust back office suite of mission critical applications.
Qualifications and Work Experience:
- Primary responsibilities include working with PM/Module Leads to devise test strategies, contribute to specification reviews and development design to promote quality in the early stages of the project
- Work closely with the neighboring teams in the Expedia End to End Technology stack
- Create and Execute test cases, report Test execution status and Defect metrics for projects with sophisticated test management tools
- Design and implement robust, scalable, and high quality Test automation suites, to improve quality and productivity of functional and regression tests
- Create, execute and maintain Load test scripts using LoadRunner
- Write, execute and debug automated test cases, Trouble shoot and debug complex transaction systems
- Mentor junior members of the team (onsite and offshore)
- Recognized as group expert of a specific feature or component and contributes this expertise to others. Detect underlying problems and patterns and looks beyond the obvious.
- Maintain a high quality bar in a complex and constantly evolving environment
Additional Skills Desired:
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience in testing Oracle EBS application modules like Order Management, Advanced Pricing, Accounts Receivables, Advanced Collections
- Hands on experience using Test Management and Automation Tools (Example: Quality Center, Team Foundation Server, Quick Test Professional, Loadrunner)
- In-depth knowledge and experience with QA and Testing, Test methodologies and how Test fits into the SDLC
- Strong knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL, relational databases & XML
- Proven ability to understand and translate functional requirements into working test plans and test cases for complex features
- Expert knowledge of test automation techniques and testing tools
About Expedia, Inc.
- MS in Computer Science or related field
- Good understanding of programming with strong coding and debugging abilities
- Good experience working on Windows and Java platform
- Experience testing web services is a strong plus
- Ability to provide strong mentorship to other testers in the organization and lead projects spanning multiple groups
- Strong customer focus, excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently as well as in a team environment.
Expedia, Inc. is the largest online travel company in the world, with an extensive brand portfolio that includes some of the world's leading online travel brands, including:
The company delivers consumers value in leisure and business travel, drives incremental demand and direct bookings to travel suppliers, and provides advertisers the opportunity to reach a highly valuable audience of in-market travel consumers through Expedia Media Solutions. Expedia also powers bookings for some of the world's leading airlines and hotels, top consumer brands, high traffic websites, and thousands of active affiliates through Expedia® Affiliate Network. (NASDAQ: EXPE - News) For corporate and industry news and views, visit us at www.expediainc.com or follow us on Twitter @expediainc. Stay up to date on our latest career opportunities by following @Expedia_Jobs *LI-SF
- Expedia.com®, the world's largest full service online travel agency, with localized sites in 30 countries
- Hotels.com®, the hotel specialist with sites in more than 60 countries
- Leading discount travel site Hotwire®, which offers opaque deals in nine countries on its eight sites in North America and Europe
- Egencia®, the world's fifth largest corporate travel management company
- China's second largest booking site eLong™
- Leading agency hotel company Venere.com™
- Destination services and activities provider Expedia Local Expert®
- Luxury travel specialist Classic Vacations®
Expedia - 12 months ago
As citizens of Expedia we don’t have a national anthem or a native dish (okay, maybe beer and late-night sliders), but we do have a sh...