Sales Engineers are the primary technical resource for the field sales force. Sales Engineers are responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate for our products. The Sales Engineer must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users, as well as identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. The Sales Engineer must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
▪Communicate technical product development needs to sales, marketing and engineering staff.
▪Assist with pre-sales research and identification of customer needs and solutions
▪Represent the product to customers at face to face meetings and field events
▪Assist in product development feedback and deliver product demonstrations
▪Resolve customer's technical problems quickly.
▪Convey customer requirements to Product Management teams
▪ Ideal candidate must be self-motivated.. Knowledge of technology is critical. Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base. Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports. Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches. Having SaaS Pre Sales Experience is a plus.
▪3-5 years relevant experience as a Sales Engineer, Application Engineer, Field Consultant, Pre-sales support, and Area Support Engineer.
▪Experience and familiarity with x86-based hardware, clusters, servers and storage solutions including:
- Operating Systems: Windows and multiple flavors of Linux (CentOS, Ubuntu, Suse)
- Cluster Management Tools: Rocks+, Platform Cluster Manager, Platform HPC
- Virtualization Platforms: VMware vSphere, Citrix XenServer, OpenStack based distributions
- Storage methodologies: RAID, NAS (CIFS and NFS), SAN (Fibre Channel, iSCSI etc.)
- HPC Middleware: MPI, OpenMP and CUDA
- Parallel File Systems: OrangeFS/PVFS2, Lustre, GlusterFS.
- Networking Standards: Ethernet, 10GbE. Knowledge of HPC interconnects highly desired.
- Familiarity with Private Cloud infrastructure, Big Data infrastructure