1 year of experience required
Job Description Summary
The medical biller is responsible for the accurate and timely completion and submission of Medicare, Medicaid, private payer and patient billing, and accounts receivable tracking and follow-up.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
1. Accurately enters patient billing data, including visit charges and supply charges, into the information system.
2. Accurately processes and bills Medicare, Medicaid, private payer and patient claims in accordance with payer requirements and organizational policy.
3. Assists in the preparation of monthly billing and accounts receivable reports.
4. Maintains accurate Medicare and Medicaid billing analysis reports.
5. Maintains complete and accurate billing and accounts receivable records.
6. Prepares Medicare, Medicaid, private payer and patient remittances for data entry.
7. Alerts appropriate management team members regarding late or missing documents required for billing.
8. Assists with the collection of receivables by monitoring accounts receivables, resubmitting bills to overdue accounts, and alerting the billing manager of seriously overdue accounts.
9. Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with patients, payers and other customers.
10. Maintains the confidentiality of patient and organization information at all times.
11. Performs other specific projects relating to billing, data entry, and computer operations as required.
12. The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
1. At least two years’ experience in health care related billing experience and data entry, hospice experience strongly preferred.
2. Able to use computer systems and job-specific software.
3. Associates Degree strongly preferred.
4. Ability to work as a team member.
5. Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills.