Performs electrical maintenance as assigned to meet the facilities management department goals of providing a safe and functional environment for patients, employees and visitors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Repairs, installs, replaces, and tests electrical circuits, equipment, and appliances using hand tools and testing instruments. Supply continuous electrical power for lighting and various equipment operation. Inspects and tests electrical lighting, signal, communication, power circuits and equipment. Isolates defects in wiring, switches, motors, and other electrical equipment, using testing instruments such as ammeter, ohmmeter, voltmeter, testing lamp or growler.
- Examines and tests elements of systems such as distribution panel, controls, circuit fixtures, fire alarm panels and motors to locate obvious faults, such as blown fuses, short circuits, broken wires, loose connections, and worn motor brushes.
- Repair electrical circuits and equipment. Replaces faulty switches, sockets, plugs, fuses, insulators, and other simple elements of electrical systems, fixtures, and appliances.
- Replaces defective mechanical parts such as gears, bushings, brushes and bearings
- Checks clearance of moving parts with precision gauges.
- Restores electrical connections to complete circuits.
- Installs new wiring and electrical machinery.
- Studies blueprints and diagrams to ascertain layout, location, and specifications of times to be installed.
- Estimates quantities of materials needed and prepares requisitions.
- Cuts and shapes conduit with hand tools and fastens in place with brackets or similarly installs armored cable.
- Fastens fixtures, switches, and outlet boxes in position.
- Runs wire through conduit and makes connections to complete circuits.
- Assembles, installs, and connects components of switchboards and distribution panels and connects to units controlled.
- Mounts motors, transformers, lighting fixtures, or other equipment into position and completes circuits, according to diagram specifications.
- May perform related work such as recording time and materials expended on each work order
- Perform minor carpentry, plastering, and painting in connection with wiring repair work.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Complies with all applicable standards, policies and procedures, including safety procedures and the maintenance of a clean work area.
- Respond to all Emergency codes that are appropriate to Facilities Management Department and as assigned
- Assist with snow and ice removal as assigned
- Ability to work independently with out close supervision
- Performs duties in a timely and efficient manner
- Understands proper procedures for the requisition and purchase of supplies
- Must be familiar with and adhere to Infection Control (ICRA) and Interim Life Safety Measure (ILSM) when performing job duties
- Adheres to all regulatory compliance regulations and asks supervisors for clarification if needed
- Demonstrates excellent communication and customer service skills through oral, written and electronic methods
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing to patients, visitors, physicians and other hospital staff
- Pull electrical permits through City of Cape Girardeau
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Valid drivers license required
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing with patients, visitors, physicians and other hospital staff
- Must have passed, or pass within 90 days of hire, the NEC 2011 exam
- Current licensed Journeymen Electrician in City of Cape Girardeau
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
SoutheastHEALTH - 12 months ago