Provide quality, accurate and timely customer service involving daily processing of financial transactions in a retail environment. Promotes bank products through positive proactive sales, informs and educates customers about products, services and benefits. Performs related duties as required to achieve banking branch goals (meet/exceed sales goals/referral goals, etc), and providing support to the Branch Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required and may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Responsible for providing teller/platform support as needed in order to keep the lines to a minimum and customer service to a maximum. Teller support would include performing daily processing of financial transactions, i.e. deposits, handling currency, coin, and cashing checks. Platform support would entail opening checking accounts, savings accounts, and provide all other deposit product services. Actively inform client of products/services, profile clients to identify financial needs, follow through, and close the sale.
- Have a working knowledge and understanding of other bank services, i.e. Treasury Management, Merchant Services.
- Explain product benefits, changes, restrictions, requirements, and any other relevant product information to clients.
- Cross-sell and make referrals to bank partners to generate new business and deepen existing client relationships, participate in client calling activities during special deposit/loan campaigns.
- Responsible for taking loan application for personal/retail consumer needs and “handing off” the processing of these applications to the appropriate associate.
- Assist Branch Manager with “on the job training” of new employees.
- Participate in branch meetings to promote sales, product knowledge, and delivering “exceptional” customer service.
- Assist branch associates with all aspects of daily branch operations as needed.
- Perform all other job related duties as assigned.
- Must have own means of transportation.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 3+ years of experience as a Teller or Relationship Banker
- Experience as both Teller and Relationship Banker strongly preferred.
IBERIABANK Corp. serves up financial services with a Cajun flare. Through its flagship bank subsidiary, also called IBERIABANK, the holding...