The senior DB2 position is responsible for engineering and supporting DB2 databases for development, test and production environments.
This individual will work closely with application and infrastructure teams to support and manage complex environments.
Research and implement new technologies.
Mentor teammates on new technologies and best practices.
Identify opportunities for continuous improvement within the organization.
Coordinate consultant teams.
- Experience in the migration, upgrades and configuration of DB2 9.5, 9.7, and 10.1 UDB on Linux as well as a strong background in the monitoring and performance tuning of databases and SQL.
- Act as a member of the production infrastructure team in the maintenance, troubleshooting, and upgrades executed against mission critical, 24x7 production environments.
- Work with development teams in assisting in the optimization of table design and query analysis.
- Analyze logical and physical database design considerations in the evaluation of tables for maintenance.
- Assist in troubleshooting application issues related to database performance and bottlenecks.
- Provide consulting expertise and leadership in the areas of SQL and database development and performance.
- Development, maintenance and enforcement of database standards.
- 8 years of Database Administration experience, including a minimum of 4 years as a DBA on DB2/Linux within a 24x7 production environment.
- The optimum candidate will have experience in larger scale DB2 installations in an OLTP environment.
- Extensive system administrator experience on Red Hat Linux a strong preference.
- Deep understanding of the interaction between DB2 and the underlying operating system and hardware.
- Strong preference for a candidate with experience on both SMS and DMS installations.
- Leadership experience working on technical projects, including planning, documentation, and implementation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in both business and technical areas.
- Proven ability to maintain leading edge skills in a rapidly changing information systems environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Demonstrated ability to systematically troubleshoot problems in complex systems.
- Experience with other database technologies including MySQL, SQL Server, or Oracle.
- This position does require flexibility with hours and overtime. This person will be on-call during non business hours.
SciQuest - 19 months ago