Requisition #: 51173
Job Title: Technologies Consultant I
Country: United States
Employment Status: Full Time
This Senior Developer designs, develops, and implements software packages for the application suite. Responsible for troubleshooting, debugging and implementing software code. Will rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A certain degree of creativity and latitude required. Responsibilities:
- Design, development, documenting, and maintenance of applications.
- Provide detailed application architecture support for design and development of enterprise service architecture and its components.
- Forward thinking to bring new ideas to management for streamlining of processes and procedures.
- Ability to work closely and efficiently with the business owners to understand their needs from an overall application standpoint.
- Ability to work closely and efficiently with the QA staff to ensure a clear understanding of configurations required for testing of features/functions.
- For each Team Track tickets that require code modifications the creation of a technical design document that includes a summary of the problem, a proposed solution, design details, data models, stored procedures, impact analysis, and a time estimate for the completion of the work broken down by task. It should also be noted where prerequisites exist and if the work is divisible or not. The document should be detailed enough so that any developer can implement the design without reevaluation.
- Clearly communicate status, road-blocks and concerns to management on an ongoing basis. This is especially important during release cycles.
- Unit testing of code modifications to ensure that they meet the requirements outlined in the business requirements document and/or address the issue reported in the TeamTrack ticket.
- Mentoring of junior level developers within the team, including but not limited to peer review of their work, building tools, libraries and documentation to help others adapt quickly to standard design methodologies.
- Clear allocation of time worked entered weekly into the PeopleSoft system. Time should be correctly allocated to the product, project and phase.
- Adhere to standard design methodologies as outlined by management.
- Adhere to current SLA's around TeamTrack ticket processing.
- Understanding of Event Driven and Service Oriented Architectures.
- Support waterfall and agile development methodologies.
(Experience, Skills, Academic)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Ability to work timely and efficiently in a rapidly-changing environment.
- Must be able to work effectively within a team with assignment independence.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of software development methodologies, programming concepts, design patterns, OOP/OOD, and database design.
All Locations: United States, Louisville, KY
- C#, ASP.NET, and SQL Server / Oracle (preferred).
Job Category: Technology
Area of Interest: Applications Programming/Analysis
ADP - 30+ days ago
Automatic Data Processing, Inc. (ADP) is engaged in providing business outsourcing solutions. ADP offers a range of human resource (HR), pay...